The 17th Shouhashi Half Marathon in Nanjo，OKINAWA2018
- 4 Nov 2018(Sun)
- Application period:
- 11 Jun 2018(Mon) - 10 Aug 2018(Fri)
- Sugar Hall parking special venue Okinawa
- The Shouhashi Half Marathon in Nanjo is a half marathon known of many joggers, representing the city of Nanjo and the Okinawa prefecture. Shouhashi founded the Kingdom of Ryukyu and expanded it into the Age of Discovery. The purpose of this event is to contribute to revitalizing the region by propagating this city’s inside and outside the prefecture with the experience of “Shouhashi’s adventure” through the city’s nature, history and culture.
|Category||Start time||Registration Fee
|【Half Marathon】Males between the ages of high school student and 18 years old.||9:00||2,000JPY||Open|
|【Half Marathon】Males of 19 years and upward.||9:00||4,000JPY||Open|
|【Half Marathon】Female between the ages of high school student and 18 years old.||9:00||2,000JPY||Open|
|【Half Marathon】Female of 19 years and upward.||9:00||4,000JPY||Open|
|【3 km】Elementary school boys||9:30||2,000JPY||Open|
|【3 km】Males student of junior high school||9:30||2,000JPY||Open|
|【3 km】Males between the ages of high school student and 18 years old.||9:30||2,000JPY||Open|
|【3 km】Males of 19 years and upward.||9:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|【3 km】Elementary school girls.||9:30||2,000JPY||Open|
|【3 km】Female student of junior high school||9:30||2,000JPY||Open|
|【3 km】 Female between the ages of high school student and 18 years old.||9:30||2,000JPY||Open|
|【3 km】Female of 19 years and upward.||9:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|Original polo shirt|
Points to note at the time of entering:
NOTE: Transferring charge will be automatically added to the entry fee.
Up to 4000 yen :240 yen
You must fill up your Card data (Visa, Mastercard, AmericanExpress and Diners Only) correctly.
TOTAL 8,500 people
*Registration will be closed when the maximum entry number is reached.
|Participation Award, Completion Award||[Participation Award] T-shirts, commemorative medals|
[Completion Award]certificates of achievement
|Baggage Room||A baggage room (costs 500 yen) will be available, but please keep your valuables with you. The organizer cannot be held responsible for any loss or theft.|
|Awards||*Every participants who complete the marathon will receive certificates of achievement, commemorative medals and T-shirts.|
- Top 3 male and female runners
- Top 3 male and female runners from Nanjo city
- Top 3 male and female runners by age groups (40s, 50s, 60s, over 70)
【Road Race (3 km)】
- General top 3 male and female runners
- Junior high school students top 3 male and female runners
- Elementary school top 3 male and fem
|Running Numbers Collection||Wednesday 31 October, Thursday 1 November, Friday 2 November between 18:00 to 21:00 at 2nd floor Sugar hall meeting room at Nanjo city community center|
Saturday 3 November between 18:00 to 19:00 at Sugar Hall Nanjo city community center
Sunday 5 November 7:00 to 8:30 at Sugar Hall Nanjo city community center *preferred for applicants outside of Okinawa.
|Water Station||every 2.5km|
|Distance markers||every 1km, 1km before the goal, 21.0975km|
|Cut-off time/Time limit||[Half]Time limit: 12:15|
cut-off : 13km(in front of the Chinen Elementary School) 11:00 a.m.
[3K]Time limit 10:00
*Traffic will resume at above mentioned time.
Runners unable to finish on time should take off their number card and abort the race, then move to the sidewalk (a shuttle bus will come to pick you up).
|Important points-1||-Required the signature of parents or guardians whose applicant aged 18 under on the agreement, when applying for this event.|
-Please make sure that you should be excluded, without filling the sheet out completely.
(Still be recorded.)
-If people who are impaired vision and have a problem with running alone, they can have their runner-partners who are for free. Please let us know in advance if you are.
-People with wheelchairs cannot be accepted.
-Be given T-shirt with L size if you don’t give us the size online, whatever your size is.
- We accept substitutes to receive number cards, but please bring the participant’s number card ticket
- Please note that we are unable to send your T-shirt by post later if you have not received it from the athletes reception desk
- Please bring your number card tickets to the event office to get T-shirts by 30 November. (Please bring the number card exchange certificate with you at the the office.)
- Number cards (number bibs) cannot be reissued.
-lease don’t pick-up on the national highways, which could disturb the shuttle buses.
- Numbers must be shown on the event (Runners are not allowed to participate the event without number cards)
- To ensure a safe start and allow all runners to run in a friendly atmosphere, please line up in the card number order as told by the race officials
- Participants must run on the left of the road, and follow the officials’ instructions
- It is the participant’s responsibility to have a medical checkup before the event and to be physically prepared.
|Important points-2||- If you feel sick, please stop running and ask a race official’s help|
- If race officials or medical personnel find you unfit for competition and decide to cancel your participation, please follow the staff’s decision
- The organizer cannot be held responsible for any injury or sickness exceeding first-aid treatment that may occur during the event
- The organizer cannot be held responsible for any injury or sickness that may occur after the event’s restricted time (including shuttle to the finish line)
- Limited parking places will be available on the event day, so please use public transportation or car share.
- The organizer cannot be held responsible in case of theft, loss or accident in the designated parking areas.
- The course is running alongside cars. Getting out of a car to support the runners is disturbing the smooth continuity of the even. Do not park illegally.
- This competition will be conducted in accordance with the Japan Association of Athletic Federations rules
- A baggage room (costs 500 yen) will be available, but please keep your valuables with you. The organizer cannot be held responsible for any loss or theft.
- Lost items will be kept at the office for 1 month
- Please wear the number card on your chest. Be careful as times cannot be recorded if you do not wear the card with a transmitter
- We will collect the transmitters after the finish, so please return it to exchange your certificate of achievement
- Loss, damage, or failure to return the transmitter 1 month after the event will be charged 2,000JPN
|Event agreement||1.By applying to this event, the applicants agree to the event requirements and important notes.|
2.The applicants participate with decent training, and take responsibility for monitoring their health condition. Also, the applicants participate after preparing by having enough sleep and eating breakfast.
3.In the event of an illnesses or incidents, the insurance subscribed by the organizer covers the following: death, permanent disability (maximum):￥1,000,000, daily hospitalization cost:￥1,500. Aside from this, the organizer will take no further responsibility.
4.Cancellation of the applicants’ entries or correction of entry information due to personal reasons cannot be accepted.
5.False declaration of age or gender or entry of a person other than the applicants (false entry) will not be accepted. If such false application is found, the applicant will be disqualified.
6.Entry fees in case the race is cancelled due to reasons such as storm, earthquake, flood, incident, accident, disease, as well as failure to comply to points 4 and 5, extra, insufficient or duplicate payments, late payments and payment made by applicants who doesn’t meet the requirements are non-refundable.
7.The applicant consents to the publication and use of images, photos, articles, records, etc. one day prior to and during the event on TV, in newspaper, magazines, or the Internet. The related publicity rights and rights of use shall belong to the organizer.
8.The applicants will respect the driving etiquette and park at the designated parking space in accordance to the organizer’s instructions.
|Event Office||Okinawa, Nanjo-shi, Tamagusukuazafusato 200|
Nanjo City Hall - Urban Policy Division
The Shouhashi Half Marathon in Nanjo Head Office
Tel :098-947-6866(Open 10:00 - 12:00,13:00 - 17:00 Close weekends and holidays)
Website :http://www.shouhashi.jp/ ※Japanese
|Any questions||Please note that the event management and the event itself will be conducted only in Japanese.|
Please send inquiries in English or Japanese from this URL.
(For registration and entries, SportsEntry will respond and get back to you. They will confirm enquiries with the Race Organiser and you will receive a response from SportsEntry.)
Please note there may be a delay in responding. Where possible, please make your enquiry in as far advance as possible to allow plenty of time for a response and to ensure you get a response back in time.
Sports Entry Reccomend
This page is a selection of sports events in Japan recommended for the international community. This feature event is 17th Shouhashi Half Marathon in Nanjo，OKINAWA2018. The information on this page independently collected and created by SportsEntry
Please check the page who we are for more details.