The 47th International Turtle Marathon in Adachi / The 21st Barrier-free Turtle Marathon
- 21 Oct 2018(Sun)
- Application period:
- 15 Apr 2018(Sun) - 31 Aug 2018(Fri)
- Tokyo, Adachi-ku, Rainbow Plaza in the Arakawa riverside
|Category||Start time||Registration Fee
|1) Run Half : Male High school students and older||9:30||5,000JPY||Closed|
|2) Run Half : Female High school studentsand older||9:30||5,000JPY||Closed|
|3) Run 10km : Male High school students and older||10:10||3,500JPY||Closed|
|4) Run 10km : Female High school studentsand older||10:10||3,500JPY||Closed|
|5) Run 5km : Male High school students and older||10:20||3,000JPY||Closed|
|6) Run 5km : Female High school studentsand older||10:20||3,000JPY||Closed|
|7) Walk 10km : High school students and older||10:25||3,000JPY||Closed|
|8) Walk 5km : High school students and older||10:25||3,000JPY||Closed|
|9) Walk 10km : Junior high school students||10:25||2,000JPY||Closed|
|10) Walk 5km : Junior high school students||10:25||2,000JPY||Closed|
|11) 1-mile parent child pair (1.6km): 1 parent, 1 child (Elementary School Student)||12:30||2,000JPY||Closed|
|11) 1-mile parent child pair (1.6km): 1 parent, 2 children (Elementary School Student)||12:30||3,000JPY||Closed|
|1) Run Half : Male High school students and older [disabled participant]||9:30||2,000JPY||Closed|
|2) Run Half : Female High school studentsand older [disabled participant]||9:30||2,000JPY||Closed|
|3) Run 10km : Male High school students and older [disabled participant]||10:10||2,000JPY||Closed|
|4) Run 10km : Female High school studentsand older [disabled participant]||10:10||2,000JPY||Closed|
|5) Run 5km : Male High school students and older [disabled participant]||10:20||2,000JPY||Closed|
|6) Run 5km : Female High school studentsand older [disabled participant]||10:20||2,000JPY||Closed|
|7) Walk 10km : Junior high school students and older [disabled participant]||10:25||2,000JPY||Closed|
|8) Walk 5km : Junior high school students and older [disabled participant]||10:25||2,000JPY||Closed|
|9) 1-mile parent child pair (1.6km): 1 parent, 1 child (Elementary School Student) [disabled participant]||12:30||2,000JPY||Closed|
|10) 1-mile parent child pair (1.6km): 1 parent, 2 children (Elementary School Student) [disabled participant]||12:30||3,000JPY||Closed|
Points to note at the time of entering:
For disabled participants
For companion aides who wish to be recorded entrant and participate in the same way as regular runners will need to register formally (entry fee applies).
For companion aides who wish to register, please enter in the necessary information under "Companion aide for disabled participants" after selecting the event.
Companion aides who do not wish to be recorded as an entrant and receive a participant prize, need not register and enter separately.
Eligibility criteria: Men and women aged 15 years *high school students) or older
Walking: 5km or 10km distance. Junior high school students are allowed to participant (parental/guardian consent required).
Early start has been abolished.
Competition wheelchairs are not participated. Electric wheelchairs and hand wheelchairs are permitted.
There is no registration check-in on the day of the event. (The race bib number and timer chip will be mailed out in advance).
The event programme will be distributed on the day of the event.
If participating in the 1-mile (1.6km) parent-child pair
the participating parent (1 person) is to apply
You must reach the goal holding hands, so up to 2 children are allowed to participate.
For children, it is not necessary for them to be a registered member of SportsEntry.
The entry fee is per pair.
|Participation Award||original tote bag|
*Participants will be able to exchange the Participation Award at venue.
*Parent Child Pair's Participation Award is sweets for children.
|Time Certificate||Finishers will be able to download the Time Certificate from the Internet at home.|
If you want get it by mail, please contact Nippon Turtle Association.
|Reception Time (event day)||8:00～9:00|
Participant notification is not sending out to foreign countries.
Participants who are from foreign countries will be able to receive numbercard and timer chip on the event day.
For people with disabilities only.
There is no parking facilities for general runners
There is strictly no parking on the nearby streets.
(Train)10-minutes walk from Kitasenju Station
|Time Limit||［Half］4 hours|
［5K］1 hour and 30 minutes
［Walk 10K］3 hours
［Walk 5K］2 hours
［disabled participant］4 hours
*Check Points: 10.55km (2 hours)
|Water Station||every 2.5km|
|Event day schedule||8:00 check-in registration|
8:40 Opening Ceremony
9:30 Half Marathon (A) Start
9:50 Half Marathon (B) Start
10:10 Run 10km Start
10:20 Run 5km Start
10:25 Walking 10km, Walking 5km Start
10:30 Parent Child Pair Start
|bylaw||I, for myself, my heirs, executors and administrator, swear to waive and release all rights to claim against the International Turtle Marathon(Organizers) for damages caused by my participation in the International Turtle Marathon 2018.|
I will adhere to the obligations in participating in this event, and understand that safety is a priority. In the event of an accident occurring during the event, I will take responsibility for myself and I pledge that we will not hold the Event Organiser responsible.
Application terms and conditions
Participants must agree to the following application rules before applying
(1) The purpose of this event is to promote health and friendship. It is not a competitive event aimed at times and rankings. Therefore, there is no recognition of winners or prize-getters. Run at your own pace and enjoy the event.
(2) If you are an accompanying aide for a handicapped/disabled person, you will be provided with a race bib stating that you are an aide runner. However, if you wish to also be a recorded entrant and participate in the same way as regular runners whilst also serving as an accompanying aide, please follow the same entry procedure as the general runner category (entry fee applies). Electric wheelchairs and hand wheelchairs (with a carer) are eligible to participate. (Competition-use wheelchairs are not permitted).
(3) If a participant is a minor, it shall be deemed that they have parental/guardian consent.
(4) Participants should only participate if they have done sufficient training on a regular basis and are in fit and healthy condition to so. If you do not feel well on the day of the event, please exercise good judgment and refrain from participating if need be. The Event Organiser shall not take any responsibility except to perform emergency measures in the event of injury, accident or other incident/loss. Please bring your health insurance card (or a photocopy) in case of emergency.
(5) Once you have registered and paid the entry fee, there will be no refund, even if you do not participate or attend in the event. In addition, no changes to your application can be made, once you have submitted your registration. In addition, no refund will be given for any excess or surplus amounts paid.
(6) There is a luggage storage area at the venue, but valuables are your responsibility.
(7) In the case that the event is cancelled due to disaster or other incident, no refund or reimbursement of expenses will be paid. The event will not be postponed to a later date.
(8) The right to publish any photos or images during the event belongs to the Event Organiser.
(9) The Event Organiser will adhere to regulations regarding data privacy and handling of personal information. You may be contacted regarding other or future events hosted/organised by our organisation. If you do not wish to be contacted, please let the Event Organiser know.
(10) The time is not recorded for the parent-child category. Only children will receive a participant prize,
(11) Please observe your designated block start which is based on your estimated time
(12) To prevent accidents, all participants are asked to refrain from wearing earphones.
|Any queries should be directed to the race committee||Nippon Turtle Association |
VIP Nakanosakaue 606, 1-43-15 Chuo, Nakano-ku,Tokyo, 164-0011, JAPAN
Mail :mail to...
Website :http://www.web-marathon.net/turtle-marathon/ ※Japanese
|Any questions||Please note that the event management and the event itself will be conducted only in Japanese.|
Please send inquiries in English or Japanese from this URL.
(For registration and entries, SportsEntry will respond and get back to you. They will confirm enquiries with the Race Organiser and you will receive a response from SportsEntry.)
Please note there may be a delay in responding. Where possible, please make your enquiry in as far advance as possible to allow plenty of time for a response and to ensure you get a response back in time.
Sports Entry Reccomend
This page is a selection of sports events in Japan recommended for the international community. This feature event is The 47th International Turtle Marathon in Adachi / The 21st Barrier-free Turtle Marathon. The information on this page independently collected and created by SportsEntry
Please check the page who we are for more details.