9TH SADO TOKI MARATHON 2018
- 22 Apr 2018(Sun)
- Application period:
- 1 Dec 2017(Fri) - 23 Mar 2018(Fri)
- Sado city, Ondeko Dome (start and finish line)
- For participants who stay a day before or after the event, there are some discounts available in the restaurants near by presenting your Number Card.
- The start and finish line is so close to Ryotsu harbor that a day trip is possible.
|Category||Start time||Registration Fee
|1) Full Marathon: Male (39 years old and younger) *Non-high school students||9:00||5,000JPY||Open|
|2) Full Marathon: Male (40s)||9:00||5,000JPY||Open|
|3) Full Marathon: Male (50s)||9:00||5,000JPY||Open|
|4) Full Marathon: Male (60 years old and older)||9:00||5,000JPY||Open|
|5) Full Marathon: Female (39 years old and younger) *Non-high school students||9:00||5,000JPY||Open|
|6) Full Marathon: Female (40s)||9:00||5,000JPY||Open|
|7) Full Marathon: Female (50s)||9:00||5,000JPY||Open|
|8) Full Marathon: Female (60 years old and older)||9:00||5,000JPY||Open|
|9) Half Marathon: Male (39 years old and younger) *Non-high school students||10:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|10) Half Marathon: Male (40s)||10:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|11) Half Marathon: Male (50s)||10:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|12) Half Marathon: Male (60 years old and older)||10:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|13) Half Marathon: Female (39 years old and younger) *Non-high school students||10:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|14) Half Marathon: Female (40s)||10:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|15) Half Marathon: Female (50s)||10:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|16) Half Marathon: Female (60 years old and older)||10:30||4,000JPY||Open|
|17) 10km: Male (39 years old and younger) *High school students and older||10:30||3,000JPY||Open|
|18) 10km: Male (40 years old and older)||10:30||3,000JPY||Open|
|19) 10km: Female (39 years old and younger) *High school students and older||10:30||3,000JPY||Open|
|20) 10km: Female (40 years old and older)||10:30||3,000JPY||Open|
|21) 5km: Male (39 years old and younger) *High school students and older||10:30||3,000JPY||Open|
|22) 5km: Male (40 years old and older)||10:30||3,000JPY||Open|
|23) 5km: Female (39 years old and younger) *High school students and older||10:30||3,000JPY||Open|
|24) 5km: Female (40 years old and older)||10:30||3,000JPY||Open|
|25) 3km: Male middle school students||9:40||500JPY||Open|
|26) 3km: Female middle school students||9:40||500JPY||Open|
|27) 3km: Male elementary school students (5th and 6th grades)||9:40||500JPY||Open|
|28) 3km: Female elementary school students (5th and 6th grades)||9:40||500JPY||Open|
|29) Enjoy 2km: Elementary school students and older||9:45||500JPY||Open|
|Qualifications||[Full/Half] 18 years and older (Non-high school students)|
[10km/5km] High school students and older
[3km] 5th and 6th graders of elementary school and middle school students
[Enjoy 2km] Elementary school students and older
(1) Elementary school students and older who are in good health and able to run the entire distance
(2) Must agree to the application terms (guardian's permission is required if younger than 20 years old on the day of the event).
|Course features||Renewed course supervised by Mr. Tetsuhiko Kin!|
The course runs through Toki no Mori Park, where live the Japanese ibis "Toki" for which the event is named, and through the elegant scenery surrounding Kamo-ko Lake.
|Participation Award • Completion Award||[Participation Award] T-shirt (3km and 2km races excluded), Rice balls made with Koshihikari rice from Sado|
[Time Certificate] Finishers
|Services||Discount rate for hot spring bath, lottery (Koshihikari rice from Sado, sporting goods, and others)|
|Awards||[Overall] Each male and female 1st, 2nd and 3rd places (up to 8th place will receive awards) *Awards for 3km race are by categories only.|
[By Categories] 1st, 2nd and 3rd places (excluding awards given for overall) *In 3km race, up to 8th place are award winners and the first 3 places will be awarded on race day.
Harubaru Award (participant who came from farthest distance) • Oldest Award • Humor Award • Family Award • Sado Award
*Only overall race is awarded on the day of the race
*Family Award: a family of 5 members or more (of same family)
*Sado Award: person in 310th place
|Guests||Kenji Moriwaki, Kin Tetsuhiko|
|Others||[Vendors] food and drinks, sporting goods, and others|
Participation notice (race program • exchange ticket for number card) will be sent from the management office around mid April.
Please contact the management office below for inquires.
Foundation, Sado City Sports Association TEL: 0259-67-7510 (08:30-17:00 weekdays)
*No changes in event or categories will be accepted after registration (after payment).
*Please note that the registration fee will not be refunded if event is cancelled or shortened due to bad weather or if cancelled by participant after payment has been made.
*Overpayments or duplicated payments will not be refunded.
|Reception Location||Ondeko Dome (5-minute walk from Ryotsu harbor)|
|Reception Time (day before event)||13:00～20:00|
|Reception Time (event day)||7:30～10:00|
Approx. 400 spaces (free of charge)
[Access to Sado]
Information about ferries: Navi Dial 0570-200310
[Traffic Guide of Sado Island]
Shuttle bus is available on-island
""Due to the shortage of parking space, a shuttle bus will run between the race site (near Ryotsu harbor) and local accommodations during the event.
Please use the bus as much as possible. The details about this service will be on the race homepage, and other areas.""
|Accommodations||Nippon Ryoko Travel Agency, Niigata Branch TEL: 025-248-1013|
|Time Limit||[Full] 7 hours|
[Half] 3 hours and 30 minutes
[10km] 1 hour and 40 minutes
[5km] 50 minutes
• 1st check point: 5.7km (Harakuro intersection return route) [10:00]
• 2nd check point: 19.3km (Sado city office) [12:10]
• 3rd check point: 24.3km (Yokomachi intersection return route) [13:00]
• 4th check point: 37.6km (Michi no eki) [15:15]
• 1st check point: 10.3km (Yokomachi intersection return route) [12:15]
• 2nd check point: 15.9km (Katagami sakashita sansa-ro) [13:10]
*If it is determined you cannot finish within the time limit, or when you reach the time limit after the 4th check point, you will be required to retire from the race.
|Water Station||11 places • every 5km|
|Distance Marking||Every 5km until 20km, and every 1km after 20km|
day before event
13:00 Marathon Expo starts
13:00 Reception opens for participants ( - 20:00)
16:00 Running class
19:00 Talk show
20:00 Marathon Expo ends
07:30 Reception opens for participants ( - 10:00)
08:45 Starting ceremony
09:00 Full marathon starts
09:40 3km race starts
09:45 Enjoy 2km race starts
10:30 Half marathon • 10km • 5km races start
14:00 Half marathon ends
16:00 Full marathon ends
|Number of Participants in Previous Event||Total: 2181 (Full: 690, Half: 622, 10km: 361, 5km: 114, 3km: 187, Enjoy 2km: 207)|
Please agree to these terms of application below
1. I take care of my health and give myself enough preparation training before the event, and have no cardiac disorder or disease. I participate in the event accepting personal responsibility for any injury, accident, loss of items, etc. that may occur.
2. I will immediately follow any instructions given by the organizer if I am not capable to continue the race. I will also follow the instructions of the organizer's safety and event-management rules.
3. I have no objection to receiving first aid in case of injury or illness that occurs during the event. I will not fault the event organizer decisions as to the method, or the result of the treatment.
4. I will not hold the organizer's liable for any accident, loss, or injury that may occur during the event and I will not hold the event organizers responsible for any damages that may occur.
5. I acknowledge that compensation for accidents or injuries that may occur during the event will be covered by the insurance provided by the organizer.
6. My family/relatives, parents/guardian (if the participant is underage) allow my participation in this event.
7. I accept that personal information such as my photo, name, age, gender, record, etc., may be reported, published or used in newspapesr, TV, magazines, internet, etc. The rights of publishing and use belongs to the organizer.
8. In addition to the above-mentioned application agreement, I will follow any event regulations separately specified by the organizer.
*I will not falsely declare my age, gender, etc. or participate other than myself (run in place of others). If such act is detected, I will follow the decision of the organizer such as cancellation of participation and citation, and also subsequent elimination of qualification for any future event. The organizer is not responsible for relief, refunds, etc. due to false declarations and/or proxy runners.
[Handling personal information]
The organizer acknowledges the importance of personal information, and will observe all laws and related regulations to protect such information and handle information based on the organizer's personal information protection policy. For the purpose of better service for the event participants, organizer will use the information for participation guidance, record notice, notice of related information, guidance for the furure evenst, provision of services from association sponsorship/cooperation/related organizations, or record announcement (ranking etc.). In addition, the organizer or contractor may contact you to confirm the contents of your application.
(1)At reception, organizers will give you a number card (with automatic measurement chip) and participation award upon submission of your participation notice.
*For 3km and 2km races, only number cards will be provided and no participation award.
(2) Participants should monitor their own health condition during the race day and participate at their own risk.
(3) Escort runners for visually impaired participants will not need to pay the event fee. Please contact the management office for those who wish to arrange for escort runners.
(4) Personal accident insurance is required. Details depends on insurance policy.
(5) Baggage check area will be provided. Details will be in the event program.
|Any questions||Please notice that this event is held in Japanese by all scene.|
If you have any questions, please contact us.
An inquiry : Click here ⇒https://www.sportsentry.ne.jp/inquiry/en
Please understand that we will have take time to reply you.
Sports Entry Reccomend
This page is a selection of sports events in Japan recommended for the international community. This feature event is 9TH SADO TOKI MARATHON 2018. The information on this page independently collected and created by SportsEntry
Please check the page who we are for more details.