Tokyo Kita-ku Akabane Marathon Half marathon (21.0975km)/Quarter marathon (10.5km)/5km/20km relay
- 12 Aug 2017(Sat)
- Application period:
- 20 Apr 2017(Thu) - 24 Jul 2017(Mon)
- Alongside Arakawa river under the Keihin Tohoku underpass, Akabane Kita-ku Tokyo
-The Arakawa riverside is a popular Tokyo running course
- After the race, enjoy a drink at one of the many of the stalls.
Akabane, located n Tokyo's Kita (north) ward is the venue for this race event. The race distance options are half marathon, quarter marathon, 5km for individuals and a 20 km relay for a team of 4. The race venue is a flat round-trip course along the Arakawa River (Tokyo's largest river) - a popular running course in the Tokyo suburbs.
Akabane is famous as one of Tokyo's popular drinking areas with many drinking spots and bars. At Ichiban-gai drinking alley outside the East Exit of Akabane train station, there are many cheap food and drinking venues.
|Category||Start time||Registration Fee
|Half marathon (21.0975km) :Anyone can join||11:00||3,200JPY||Open|
|Quarter (10.54875km) :Anyone can join||11:00||2,700JPY||Open|
|5km :Anyone can join||11:10||2,700JPY||Open|
|20km relay: Anyone can join (4 ppl per team)|
Entry fee price is per team
Only one team representative (team leader) should register on behald of the team for the 20km relay marathon.
|Start and finish point||Alongside Arakawa river under the Keihin Tohoku underpass, Akabane Kita-ku Tokyo|
|Check-in desk (on the day)||Alongside Arakawa river under the Keihin Tohoku underpass from 9:30am|
|Time keeping||Yes(by timing chip)|
※Completion certification will be provided for all participants including team members on the race day.
|Participant race goods||Original race towel|
|Time limit/Cut-off points||[half]3 hours|
[quarter]1 hour and half
[20k relay]3 hours
|Distance markers||Every 1km|
|Water stations||2 water stations. Every 3km|
[20k relay]50 teams
Race entry deadline may close earlier if race capacity is reached
|Prize Lottery||Yes (the latest info will be shown on website)|
15 min walk from Akabane station (JR Saikyo line)
15 min walk from Akabane station (JR Keihin-Tohoku line)
10 min walk from Akabane Iwabuchi station (Tokyo Metro Nanboku line)
|Parking||Approx 200 spots (500JPY)|
|Medical service||AED, marathon insurance|
|Others||・Race entry deadline may close earlier if race capacity is reached.|
・Race organiser will confirm and notify participants by email of race details. Please provide a PC email address (and not a cellphone email address).
・Race details will also be posted on the race website homepage.
・Although water stations will be provided along the course, participants are responsible for self hydration.
・In the case of minors (under the age of 16) consent from a parent or guardian is required.
|Race rules and regulations||Race regulations are to be complied with by entrants to the Kita-ku Akabane Marathon.|
1. This race shall be carried out in compliance with all related laws in the country.
2. The organizer will hold this race according to the rules, regulations and entry rules.
3. Please understand that the race organization committee does not accept any responsibilities for any of the below:
(1) Injury or any other accident (except for first aid )
(2) Lost or damaged items and belongings
(3) Delay caused by public transportation, traffic or road conditions
4. The Race organiser will regulate and monitor the race venue and enforce race rules, to ensure the safety of participants.
5. Throughout the race, please follow the instructions of race directors.Runners who do not follow instructions will be disqualified from the competition and prevented from continuing.
6. The Race Organiser reserves the right and ownership of race and event pictures, photos, articles, records, race participant details (includingnationality, prefecture/town) etc for the purposes of publishing and advertising on TV, newspapers, magazines, internet etc.
7. The Race Organiser recognises the importance of personal information and observes related laws and regulations concerning the handling and protection of personal information in accordance with the personal information protection policy in relation to the below:
Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Age, Address, telephone number, e-mail address, Nationality, Emergency contact details (tel, relationship, record, medical information)
(2) Purpose of use
For the purposes of improving the service and safety of participants, we will use participant personal information to send you event details, time/record notice, relation information, information from related and supported organisation with regard to announcements and place rankings, insurance and medical treatment purposes.
(3)Third party provisions
We may provide information to third parties, related business operators and contractors in relation to the management of this event where necessary, including in relation to insurance purposes; medical treatment for educational purposes and publicity purposes including TV, newspapers, magazines, internet, etc
|Participant notification form||Participant notification/confirmation form will be sent out around 4th August by email.|
|Any queries should be directed to the race committee||Tokyo-to Kita-ku Akabane Marathon club|
zip/postal code 115-0045
1-31-1 Akabane, Kita-ku, Tokyo
Sports Entry Reccomend
This page is a selection of sports events in Japan recommended for the international community. This feature event is Tokyo Kita-ku Akabane Marathon Half marathon (21.0975km)/Quarter marathon (10.5km)/5km/20km relay. The information on this page independently collected and created by SportsEntry
Please check the page who we are for more details.