- This marathon race takes place on a US military base which is usually not accessible to the public.
- This event aims to promote international exchange for many Japanese participants.
This marathon race is held at the US Army Sagami General Depot about 1 hour away from Tokyo. US Military bases are generally not open to civilians or the general public, but this race is an opportunity for Japanese participants to engage in international exhchange with the US military community.
The course is predominantly flat and easy to run, through a marked path within the military base. Distance options are haf marathon, 10km, 5km, and a 2km parent-child race.
※According regulations of the U.S. Armed Forces, non-Japanese and non-US citizens will be required to notify and seek approval from the Race Organisers before registering. Citizens from certain countries may be refused entry into the race venue.
|Category||Start time||Registration Fee
|01）Half Marathon : Male (high school)
|01）Half Marathon : Male (39years or younger)
|02）Half Marathon : Male (age 40-49)
|03）Half Marathon : Male (age 50-59)
|04）Half Marathon : Male (60 years and older)
|05）Half Marathon : Female (high school)
|05）Half Marathon : Female (39years or younger)
|06）Half Marathon : Female (40 years and older)
|07）10km : Male (high school)
|07）10km : Male (39years or younger)
|08）10km : Male (age 40-49)
|09）10km : Female (high school)
|09）10km : Female (39years or younger)
|10）10km : Female (age 40-49)
|11) 5km：Male (junior high school)
|11) 5km：Male (high school)
|11) 5km：Male (39years or younger)
| 12) 5km：Male (40years or older)
|13) 5km：Female (junior high school)
|13) 5km：Female (high school)
|13) 5km：Female (39years or younger)
|14) 5km：Female (40years or older)
|15) appx2km：Parent-child (elementary kids and parent)
- Only the guardian needs to register
- After selecting the event, please enter the necessary details required for the child participant
- It is not necessary for children to become a member of Sports Entry
- the entry fee is per pair
|Start and finish point||Kanagawa prefecture, Sagamihara City, Sagami general depot military base|
|Registration check-in (on race day)||10km and 5km: 7:45am - 9:30am
Half marathon and parent-child pair: 9:15am - 11:15am
|Time limit / Cut-off points||(half marathon) : 3 hours
(10km) : 1 hours 10 minutes
(5km) : 35 minutes
(Parent-child) : 18 minutes
|Awards||each category: 1st - 3rd place getters (excluding Parent-child category)|
|Participant race goods||event original T-shirts (subject to change)
Sponsor prize for kids only
|Race capacity||12,000 participants (on a first come, first served basis)
Race entry deadline may close earlier if race capacity is reached
Sagamihara station JR Yokohama line (Race venue is behind the train station)
13 min train ride from JR Hachioji station, 32 min ride from JR Kanagawa station (express train),
10 min ride from JR Machida station On the Odakyu line it,
from Shinjuku station to Machida station is 36minutes. Vehicles are not permitted at the race venue.
Please access by public transport.
Please note vehicles are not allowed onto the base. Cars will be denied entry.
|Important notes about registration||On race day, you will be required to bring photo ID (eg drivers licence or passport)
High school students and under will be required to present student ID.
(ID is not required for elementary school children)
|Points to note when entering||
- Please enter your address details correctly and in full when registering including the chome, banchi, suburb, apartment number and telephone number.
- Enter name of participant in furigana (Japanese phonetic alphabet). Supporters and other persons accompanying the race participant must also enter in their details in katakana. Every participant must enter their name details (from the age of 0).
- If you have any concerns or queries please contact the race committee.
- On race day, you will be required to bring photo ID (eg drivers licence or passport).High school students and under will be required to present student ID. ID is not required for elementary school children)
- According regulations of the U.S. Armed Forces, non-Japanese and non-US citizens will be required to notify and seek approval from the Race Organisers before registering. Citizens from certain countries may be refused entry into the race venue.
- Race organisers are not responsibility for injury or loss or any other accident, or emergency treatment.
- Please be sure to being your health insurance card.
- Please note that once fee entry has been paid, there will be no refunds under any circumstances.
- Due to race venue restrictions, wheelchairs are not permitted.
- If you are a visually-impaired runner, please make your own arrangements for an accompanying aide. Entry fee will not apply to the aide. No time will be recorded for the aide. In the name box, please enter blind, so we can prepare race bibs for the aide.
- No time will be recorded for the parent-child race category. Prizes will be awarded to children only.
- In the event you cannot attend on the day, a proxy runner is not permitted. Entries are not transferable and will be void. Insurance will not be valid for the proxy runner.
- Photos taken during the course of the race belong to the race organiser.
- The race organiser adheres to the protection of personal information of participants. However, the names of winners may be announced and recorded for future events.
Race cancellation and refund.
- Race entry fee will not be refunded if the race is cancelled due to an international incident or disaster. Entry fees will have been used in the preparation of the race. All 3 races organised by the Kanagawa Prefecture Running Federation are managed with entry frees and limited funds from sponsors with no government subsidies. In the event of cancellation, we appreciate your understanding.
|Waiver||I accept the terms of the event and understand my oblgations that safety is the number one priority. In case of an emergency accident, I hereby accept that I will not hold the race organiser liable and accept responsbiility.
Minors aged 18 or under will require the consent of a parent or guardian.
|Participant notification form||Partcipant notification/confirmation form including your number card / race bib exchange card will be sent out a week before the event.
If you don't receive the race information within 4-5 days of the event, please call the Race Organiser (claims and registration on the day will not be accepted).
|Any queries should be directed to the race committee||East Japan International Friendship Marathon Executive Committee
Zip / Postal code:292-0054
Office:2365-1 Kisarazu, Chiba Prefecture
Sports Entry Reccomend
This page is a selection of sports events in Japan recommended for the international community. This feature event is The 21st Annual East Japan International Friendship Marathon. The information on this page independently collected and created by SportsEntry
Please check the page who we are for more details.