||Mar 7, 2020
＊Rain-or-shine event. If the weather is difficult for walking, only a meals will be served.
Ichihino Hot Springs, Hiwaki-cho, Satsumasendai-shi
||Jan 27, 2020 - Feb 24, 2020
|Zip / Postalcode
||Ichihino Onsen Area Activation Council
2971 Ichihino, Hiwaki-cho, Satsumasendai-shi, Kagoshima-ken
|What is ONSEN Gastronomy Walking？
||ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism is a new tourism that introduces the charm of hot spring resorts in Japan by walking and experiencing the food, nature, culture and history of local areas.
We open this event, ONSEN Gastronomy Walking, to enjoy a stroll through the beauty of hot spring areas, to experience our history and nature, to taste local foods and beverages, and finally to soak in a soothing hot spring at the end of the tour.
|The number of paticipants
* Registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.
|Registration place on the day of event
||Ichihino Onsen area public hall
(2333 Ichihino, Hiwaki-cho, Satsumasendai-shi, Kagoshima-ken)
|Clothes and items to bring
||Please participate in comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and bring your own headwear, rain gear, beverages, and towels for bathing.
* We will provide beverages at some of the gastronomy points.
||144 cars (free of charge)
|Direction to the venue
20 minutes by car from Sendai Station on JR Kagoshima-Honsen
Between Kagoshima Airport and Ichihino Onsen, 60 minutes by airport bus
5-minute walk from ”Ichihino Onsen Iriguchi” bus stop
5-minute walk from ”Yuyu-kan” bus stop
25 minutes from Satsumasendai Miyako IC
26 minutes from Kushikino IC
50 minutes by car from Kagoshima Airport
||Ryokan Union Bureau（in Ryokan Satsuma-no-sato）
|Registration place on the day of event and schedule
||[Reception venues on the day of event] Ichihino Onsen area public hall
[Starting point] Ichihino Onsen area public hall
[Finish line] Ichihino Onsen area public hall
Starting time of opening ceremony 10:45～
Destination cut-off 16:00
Reception window opens at 10:30. Please complete your registration 15 minutes prior to the starting time of your choice of walking. After walking starts, participants will start walking in the order of registration.
||1) Tour of Den'en Shuzo Distillery and tasting the varieties of Shochu (a local distilled liquor) with Tsukeage, sweet fried-fish cakes.
2) Satsuma Soup, a typical local dish of Kagoshima, and seasonal Onigiri rice balls. The combined tastes of sweet potatoes and miso gives a sense of warm relaxation.
3) Deep-fried Gastro (a tuna-like fish) served with the original tartar sauce.
4) Yakiniku Cook Kagoshima Black Beef as you like
5) Steamed Bun with black pork Taste the exquisite flavor of stewed pork back ribs.
6) Pancake made with multigrain rice Enjoy the fluffy multigrain pancake that is an original recipe of a local five-star Master Chef.
7) Gote-yaki A uniquely named dish of Teriyaki chicken in Kagoshima. "Dynamic" chicken thighs grilled with a secret sauce.
* A variety of Shochu from distillers in Satsuma Sendai City will be served at each point.
In addition to Ichihino, you can see the bowl-shaped Mt. Maru which is said to have been made by a local fairy, "Futodon," who created the mound by scooping soil from Imuta Pond with a large wooden bucket. As the name says, the mountain has a mystical round shape.
2) Den'en Shuzo Distillery
The only distillery in the area with a historical display and a taste-testing of several varieties of Shochu.
3) Michi-no-eki (Roadside Station) Yuyu-kan
Free foot bath in Ichihino Hot Springs
A Jizo stone statue which are commonly seen guardian deities of rice fields and wishes for a good harvest.
5) Hot Springs District, Midori-ya Ryokan, Yosano Akiko Monument
An old, hot spring street in a town that flourished due a hot spring known to nurture beautiful skin, and that the Shimazu feudal lord Mitsuhisa Shimazu praised as the "the most famous spring on earth." You can see a monument with a poem written by Tekkan Yosano and his wife, Akiko, during their visit to the area.
|Locations of toilets along the course (except starting and finishing points)
|Information on hot springs
||During the Edo period, Lord Mitsuhisa Shimazu called the hot spring that gushes out of Shizuki Mountain the “Fountain of Heaven” and he provided bathtubs for people to use. The simple alkaline water from the hot spring flows continuously from underground into the tubs. The water makes your skin soft and smooth so it is called “Bijin-no-yu” (hot spring of beauty).
Free daily bath tickets will be provided to all participants
||1. In order to hold the event smoothly and safely, participants shall comply with the regulations specified by the organizer and the traffic regulations.
2. The organizer shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures in case of injury, loss or other accident.
3. The change of time or cancellation by personal reason is not accepted after registration.
4. The event may be canceled in case of an unexpected accident such as natural disaster, stormy weather, or new strain of influenza epidemic, etc. In that case, we can not compensate for the individual expenses such as participation fee, transportation or accommodation expenses.
5. Please check the event homepage for a cancellation notice.
6. It will be an event involving alcoholic beverages. Please enjoy the appropriate amount and please refrain from acting to disturb other participants. (loud voice, excessive drinking, etc.)
7. We may ask for an identification card for age verification. Driving cars, bicycles, etc. with drinking is prohibited by law. Please use public transportation.
8. The publication rights for any video, photographs, articles, records, the names/ages/addresses of participants (country, prefecture) that might be released to magazines, internet and others belong to the event organizer, the General Incorporated Association, and the ONSEN Gastronomy Tourism Promotion Organization.
|About the Certification of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)
||You can be certified as a member of ”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” when you register for the walking event. (*No fee to be certified)
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) is a group of members supporting ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism and consists mainly of people who have a passions for hot springs.
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” members will receive ONSEN・Gastronomy Walking and other up-to-date information.
Official website for members of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)”
”ONSEN＋” option is available for members.
For ONSEN＋ information: https://onsen-gastronomy.com/lp/onsenplus/
A ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) badge will be sent to your address. Please make sure to write your mailing address correctly and clearly.
* Personal information such as name, address, mail address, etc. received at the time of registration may be shared within the operating company, ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association.
Information about ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association:
- Reception place on the day of event
- Show All Places