||Mar 15, 2020
＊Rain-or-shine event. If the weather is difficult for walking, only a meals will be served.
Utsubuki Kairo, Kurayoshi-shi
||Jan 20, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
|Zip / Postalcode
||2571 Higashinakamachi, Kurayoshi-shi, Tottori-ken
Specified Non-profit Corporation Mirai (NPO Hojin Mirai)
|What is ONSEN Gastronomy Walking？
||ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism is a new tourism that introduces the charm of hot spring resorts in Japan by walking and experiencing the food, nature, culture and history of local areas.
We open this event, ONSEN Gastronomy Walking, to enjoy a stroll through the beauty of hot spring areas, to experience our history and nature, to taste local foods and beverages, and finally to soak in a soothing hot spring at the end of the tour.
|The number of paticipants
* Registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.
|Registration place on the day of event
||Utsubuki Kairo (1032-19 Meiji-cho, Kurayoshi-shi, Tottori-ken)
|Clothes and items to bring
||Please participate in comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and bring your own headwear, rain gear, beverages, and towels for bathing.
* We will provide beverages at some of the gastronomy points.
||Free parking is available at: Utsubuki Kairo Parking (80 spaces), Miyagawa-cho Kanko Parking (47 spaces), Kurayoshi Shiyakusho #1 Kanko Parking (60 spaces).
* Approx. 100m, 2-min. walk from Utsubuki Kairo Parking to the event site. Approx. 400m, 8 min. walk from other parking lots to the event site.
|Direction to the venue
From Kurayoshi Station on the JR San'in Honsen, 50 min on foot / 10 min by car / 10 min by bus
Akagawara Shirakabe Dozo (230 yen one way)
40 min from Yubara IC on the Yonago Jidosha-do Expressway
60 min from Innosho IC on the Chugoku Jidosha-do Expressway
■By Courtesy Bus
● Free minibus will be available from Kurayoshi Station
1st Service: 9:10 departure from Kurayoshi Station - 9:20 arrival at Utsubuki Kairo (2 buses)
2nd Service: 10:10 departure from Kurayoshi Station - 10:20 arrival at Utsubuki Kairo (2 buses)
● Free shuttle bus will be available between Utsubuki Kairo and Kurayoshi Sekigane Hot Springs.
[Utsubuki Kairo - Sekigane Onsen Yumeikan - Utsubuki Kairo]
・Bus from Utsubuki Kairo to Sekigane Onsen Yumeikan will leave every 15 min. from 13:30 to 15:15.
・Bus from Sekigane Onsen Yumeikan to Utsubuki Kairo will leave every 15 min. from 14:30 to 15:15 and also from 16:05 to 17:00.
* Shuttle bus is also available for participants with own cars.
* Choose the convenient bus according to your finishing time.
● Free minibus will be available to Kurayoshi Station
・Bus from Utsubuki Kairo to Kurayoshi Station will depart at 16:40, 16:55, 17:10, 17:35. It is about 10 min. to the station.
・If you take the city bus, a coupon ticket (230 yen) will be provided.
From 13:00 to 15:00
Bus will leave at 03, 13, 23, 28, and 43 minutes past the hour
From 16:00 to 17:00
Bus will leave at 13, 23, 28, 43, 48, and 53 minutes past the hour
From 17:00 to 18:00
Bus will leave at 18, 19, 25, 29, 31, 43, 58 minutes past the hour
||Kurayoshi-shi Hotel Ryokan Association
|Registration place on the day of event and schedule
||[Reception venues on the day of event]Utsubuki Kairo (1032-19 Meiji-cho, Kurayoshi-shi, Tottori-ken)
[Starting point]Utsubuki Kairo (1032-19 Meiji-cho, Kurayoshi-shi, Tottori-ken)
[Finish line]Utsubuki Kairo (1032-19 Meiji-cho, Kurayoshi-shi, Tottori-ken)
1) Reception opening hours 9:30～／Starting time of opening ceremony 9:50～／Departure time 10:00～10:30
2) Reception opening hours 10:30～／Starting time of opening ceremony 10:50～／Departure time 11:00～11:30
*Destination cut-off: 15:00
・Char-grilled local Kuramotome-gyu beef
Kuramotome-gyu beef has a distinctive flavor due to a special fattening method used in Kurayoshi Sekigane where Sekigane Hot Springs is located.
・Utsubuki Park Dango Dumplings (& Konbu Tea Set)
3 pieces of skewered rice cakes surrounded by sweet white, red or matcha green tea bean paste (set with Konbu tea)
・Yakitori (char-broiled chicken) of Tottori Jidori Piyo (registered trade name)
The name, Tottori Jidori Piyo, is used only when it meets certain conditions such as breeding and feeding process. The meat is firm and rich in taste. Yakitori grilled with soy-based sauce will be served.
・Chikuwa (fish cake) Menu (Noyaki Chikuwa)
Dishes made with Chikuwa (demonstration of making Yaki Chikuwa)
・Shirahata Yaki (grilled sandfish)
Called Shirohata in Tottori Prefecture, sandfish are the prefectural fish of Akita where they are known as Kaminari-uo (lightning fish).
・A recipe from the Sadogatake Sumo Stable, Kani Chanko-nabe (crab hot pot) & Stamina Natto Rice (fermented soy beans with Hoshizoramai-brand rice)
A hot-pot dish with crabs and local vegetables from a recipe from the stable of the 53rd Yokozuna sumo wrestler, Kotozakura Sadogatake, will be served with Stamina Natto Rice which is famous as a local school lunch.
・Tai-yaki (fish-shaped cake filled with red bean paste)
A pale Tai-yaki with a light outside crust that is both chewy and crunchy. This contradiction offers a deep, complex taste.
* Drink Menu - changes at each Omotenashi (Hospitality) Point
・Local Wine - Kurayoshi Wine, Hojo Wine
・Tottori Chubu Local Sake (Kurayoshi City: Gensui, Shikun, Yashio ・Yurihama Town: Togo ・Misasa Town: Misasamasamune ・Kotoura Town: Takaisami.
・Kirin Beer - Mr. Chozo Isono, the former president of Kirin Brewery Co., Ltd. and the first honorary citizen of Kurayoshi City, is from Kawara-machi, Kurayoshi-shi.
・Soft Drinks (Oolong Tea, Green Tea, Juice), Fresh Ginger Tea, Konbu (kelp) Tea
・Local Spring Water "Hakusan Meisui" - Hakusan Meisui is a natural mineral water pumped from springs in Kurayoshi City.
* Menu is tentative and subject to change without notice.
||・Akagawara Ichigo-kan - A memorial for the Akagawara Sirakabe Dozo-gun (district of red-tiled, white-washed warehouses)
・Utsubuki Park Observation Deck - Overlooking the red-tiled, white-washed buildings and the Tenjin River flowing through the town.
・Hase-dera Temple - One of the few buildings from the late Muromachi Era still standing in the San’in Region.
・Former Kurayoshi Town Water Source Pump Room - The room was used to pump water from an underground spring between 1932 and March 1990. The design of the building is so stylish that you can't imagine it is a pump room.
・Enkei Gekijo (Circular Theater), Kurayoshi Figurine Museum - The oldest circular school building in Japan has been reborn as a sacred place for figurines.
・Mansho-ji Temple - In the comic book “Harukana Machi-e,” the temple is a stage where the main character experiences travel through time. In Kurayoshi’s power spot, you can calculate your fortune for personality, love, compatibility, and relationships according to your birth date by using the huge, nine-star divination stone, “Kuyosei Seiban.”
・Kurayoshi Yodo-ya - The oldest existing tradesman’s house in Kurayoshi Town was built in 1760.
・Aka-gawara Nigo-kan (Hand-Weaving Craft Center Kurayoshi Kasuri, Yakisugi Carving Hall) - “Kurayoshi Gasuri” is the traditional craft of weaving. Experimental weaving is also available. Many works by Ryumon Yamamoto, one of the Buddhist masters in Kurayoshi, are exhibited in the hall.
・The 53rd Yokozuna Kotozakura Memorial Hall - The former Sadogatake Sumo Stable Master (the 53rd Yokozuna “Kotozakura”) is from Kurayoshi and items relating to him are on display.
・Daigakuin - The last lord of Tateyama Castle in Awanokuni (Chiba-ken), Satomi Awamori Tadayoshi who was featured in the “Nanso Satomi Hakken-den” (a Japanese epic novel) and eight of his retainers are interred here.
・Sekigane Hot Springs Foot Bath - Sekigane Hot Springs with a 1300-year history is the finishing point of the event and where you can experience a foot bath.
・Misasa Hot Springs Foot Bath - This spring has the world’s leading radon content. Famous in central Tottori, this hot spring is where Yokozuna Kotozakura visited for medical treatment and where you can experience a foot bath.
・Fun Activities - Look forward to activities using rugby and soccer balls on the natural grass field inside the event venue after finishing your walk. Prizes will be given.
|Locations of toilets along the course (except starting and finishing points)
|Information on hot springs
||There will be a free shuttle bus between Utsubuki Kairo and Kurayoshi Sekigane Hot Spring. Please visit the facility with the bath tickets (Bath facilities at Sekigane Hot Springs: Sekigane Yumei-kan, Bisyoen, Green-squalle, Yurari, Sekino-yu. Tickets are good through the end of May)
||1. In order to hold the event smoothly and safely, participants shall comply with the regulations specified by the organizer and the traffic regulations.
2. The organizer shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures in case of injury, loss or other accident.
3. The change of time or cancellation by personal reason is not accepted after registration.
4. The event may be canceled in case of an unexpected accident such as natural disaster, stormy weather, or new strain of influenza epidemic, etc. In that case, we can not compensate for the individual expenses such as participation fee, transportation or accommodation expenses.
5. Please check the event homepage for a cancellation notice.
6. It will be an event involving alcoholic beverages. Please enjoy the appropriate amount and please refrain from acting to disturb other participants. (loud voice, excessive drinking, etc.)
7. We may ask for an identification card for age verification. Driving cars, bicycles, etc. with drinking is prohibited by law. Please use public transportation.
8. The publication rights for any video, photographs, articles, records, the names/ages/addresses of participants (country, prefecture) that might be released to magazines, internet and others belong to the event organizer, the General Incorporated Association, and the ONSEN Gastronomy Tourism Promotion Organization.
|About the Certification of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)
||You can be certified as a member of ”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” when you register for the walking event. (*No fee to be certified)
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) is a group of members supporting ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism and consists mainly of people who have a passions for hot springs.
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” members will receive ONSEN・Gastronomy Walking and other up-to-date information.
Official website for members of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)”
”ONSEN＋” option is available for members.
For ONSEN＋ information: https://onsen-gastronomy.com/lp/onsenplus/
A ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) badge will be sent to your address. Please make sure to write your mailing address correctly and clearly.
* Personal information such as name, address, mail address, etc. received at the time of registration may be shared within the operating company, ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association.
Information about ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association:
- Reception site on the day of event
- Show All Places