||Mar 8, 2020
＊Rain-or-shine event. If the weather is difficult for walking, only a meals will be served.
Surrounding area of Ohara Fishing Harbor (Ohara Port Town Area), Isumi-shi
||Isumi City Gastronomy Walk Executive Committee Office
7400-1 Ohara, Isumi-shi, Chiba-ken (Isumi City Office, Fisheries, Commerce and Industry Section)
|What is ONSEN Gastronomy Walking？
||ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism is a new tourism that introduces the charm of hot spring resorts in Japan by walking and experiencing the food, nature, culture and history of local areas.
We open this event, ONSEN Gastronomy Walking, to enjoy a stroll through the beauty of hot spring areas, to experience our history and nature, to taste local foods and beverages, and finally to soak in a soothing hot spring at the end of the tour.
|The number of paticipants
* Registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.
|Registration place on the day of event
||7400-1 Ohara, Isumi-shi, Chiba-ken
Isumi City Office, Ohara Government Building
|Clothes and items to bring
||Please participate in comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and bring your own headwear, rain gear, beverages, and towels for bathing.
* We will provide beverages at some of the gastronomy points.
||About 200 parking spaces (free)
|Direction to the venue
8 min walk from Ohara Station on the JR Sotobo Line
5 min drive from Ohara Station on the Isumi Railway
30 minutes from Ichinomiya IC of Kujukuri Toll Road
40 minutes from Ichiharatsurumai IC of Ken-o Expressway
45 min from Mobarachonan IC on the Ken-O Expressway
Narita Airport - Ohara station
Haneda Airport - Ohara station
||Isumi City Tourism Center
|Registration place on the day of event and schedule
||[Reception venues on the day of event]Isumi City Office, Ohara Government Building
[Starting point]In front of Isumi City Office (8-minute walk from Ohara Station of JR or Isumi Tetsudo)
[Finish line]Ohara Fishing Port (15-minute walk from Ohara Station of JR or Isumi Tetsudo)
Starting time of opening ceremony 8:50～
1) Reception opening hours 8:30～／Departure time 9:00～
2) Reception opening hours 9:00～／Departure time 9:30～
3) Reception opening hours 9:30～／Departure time 10:00～
4) Reception opening hours 10:00～／Departure time 10:30～
4) Reception opening hours 9:00～／Departure time 10:00～(Nordic walking)
［Course map URL］ https://goo.gl/maps/j9QH224iVFUkVM119
＊The course may be changed due to inclement weather or to ensure participant’s safety.
||Isumi City is a gourmet kitchen where high quality agricultural and marine products can be found.
As part of the regional revitalization, the city is promoting "development through food." With pride, visitors will be welcomed with popular local fish, lobster, sake of Isumi and much more. (*Tentative plan subject to change)
This very popular local rice dish is made with plentiful amounts of seasonal "Madako" octopus of Isumi and is also served at the morning market. Satisfy yourself with the taste of seasonal octopus and flavorful rice.
[Rich miso soup with lobster]
Prized as the highest quality catch of Japan and having a taste that fascinates top-notch chefs. Miso soup is the ideal way to taste the rich flavor of the lobster.
[Freshly-baked local bread]
The bread made from a special blend of three kinds of dough is moist and chewy and has a flavor you will never forget. Enjoy our popular fresh bread.
[Takahide Dairy Farm’s Homemade Gelato]
As the first prize winner of the French International Cheese Competition, Takahide Ranch began promoting gelato to gain popularity. Enjoy gelato made onsite from fresh, local milk.
[Freshly charcoal-grilled dried fish]
Under the blue sky of the harbor, enjoy char-grilling fresh dried seafood purchased at the local morning market. The deliciousness of dried fish grilled on a charcoal fire will change your impression of dried fish.
[Seasonal local sashimi]
Ohara Fishing Port is where precious fish such as red sea bream and flounder are brought to market. Enjoy a most luxurious moment eating the most delicious seasonal sashimi while gazing at the ocean view.
[Famous sake of Isumi, Kido Izumi]
"Junmai afs" is a unique sake made using Kidoizumi's special high-temperature Yamahai-jikomi production method. Above all, the clean, crisp acidity and sweetness of Junmai afs is like the finest white wine. Other sake, such as Shizen-mai which is perfect for meals, can be enjoyed at each check point.
||[Rural scenery along the Isumi Railroad]
Through a rural landscape full of the atmosphere of the Showa Era, a journey on the Isumi Railway makes us forget that Isumi City is only 70 minutes from Tokyo. Representative of the Showa Era, a Kiha 28 Series Diesel Locomotive invites a touch of nostalgia even if you are not a fan of trains.
[Countryside of Nanohana]
The city has sown seeds of nanohana (rapeseed) in various parts of the city under the "Nanohana Project." The flowers are expected to be in full bloom during the event.
[Hiariura Coast / Ohara Beach]
The Pacific Ocean appears after you pass through the country scenery. Make your way towards the Ohara fishing port walking on the wide open sandy beach with a view of the Pacific Ocean. A travel scene of the Palme d’Or-winning movie ”Shoplifters Family” was filmed on this coast.
[Hachiman Misaki Cape / Tangaura]
The small hill overlooking Tangaura, the location for the TV drama ”Summer Nude,” has a superb view of the port town and the vast Pacific Ocean.
[Ohara Fishing Port・Port Morning Market]
You can enjoy meals feeling the sea breeze of a peaceful port town. The extremely popular ”Port Morning Market” will also be held on the event day for you to enjoy purchasing seasonal produce and seafood, and BBQ. The movie ”Hirugao” (starring Aya Ueto) and the TV series ”Kodoku no Gourmet’ (Lonely Gourmet)” were filmed at the Ohara fishing port.
|Locations of toilets along the course (except starting and finishing points)
|Information on hot springs
||Discounts and other services are available in the neighboring municipal hot springs and bathing facilities
||1. In order to hold the event smoothly and safely, participants shall comply with the regulations specified by the organizer and the traffic regulations.
2. The organizer shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures in case of injury, loss or other accident.
3. The change of time or cancellation by personal reason is not accepted after registration.
4. The event may be canceled in case of an unexpected accident such as natural disaster, stormy weather, or new strain of influenza epidemic, etc. In that case, we can not compensate for the individual expenses such as participation fee, transportation or accommodation expenses.
5. Please check the event homepage for a cancellation notice.
6. It will be an event involving alcoholic beverages. Please enjoy the appropriate amount and please refrain from acting to disturb other participants. (loud voice, excessive drinking, etc.)
7. We may ask for an identification card for age verification. Driving cars, bicycles, etc. with drinking is prohibited by law. Please use public transportation.
8. The publication rights for any video, photographs, articles, records, the names/ages/addresses of participants (country, prefecture) that might be released to magazines, internet and others belong to the event organizer, the General Incorporated Association, and the ONSEN Gastronomy Tourism Promotion Organization.
|About the Certification of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)
||You can be certified as a member of ”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” when you register for the walking event. (*No fee to be certified)
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) is a group of members supporting ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism and consists mainly of people who have a passions for hot springs.
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” members will receive ONSEN・Gastronomy Walking and other up-to-date information.
Official website for members of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)”
”ONSEN＋” option is available for members.
For ONSEN＋ information: https://onsen-gastronomy.com/lp/onsenplus/
A ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) badge will be sent to your address. Please make sure to write your mailing address correctly and clearly.
* Personal information such as name, address, mail address, etc. received at the time of registration may be shared within the operating company, ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association.
Information about ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association:
|Additional notice from the event office
||”Port Morning Market” will be held at Ohara fishing port.
- Reception venues on the day of event
- Show All Places