||Nov 23, 2019
4800-1 Komono, Komono-cho, Mie-gun, Mie-ken, Aquaignis Kataoka Onsen
||Oct 8, 2019 - Nov 13, 2019
|Zip / Postalcode
||2256-10 Komono, Komono-cho, Mie-gun, Mie-ken
Komono-cho Tourism Association
|What is ONSEN Gastronomy Walking?
||ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism is a new tourism that introduces the charm of hot spring resorts in Japan by walking and experiencing the food, nature, culture and history of local areas.
We open this event, ONSEN Gastronomy Walking, to enjoy a stroll through the beauty of hot spring areas, to experience our history and nature, to taste local foods and beverages, and finally to soak in a soothing hot spring at the end of the tour.
|The number of paticipants
* Registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.
|Registration place on the day of event
||Aquaignis Kataoka Hot Springs (Address: 4800-1 Komono, Komono-cho, Mie-gun, Mie-ken)
|Clothes and items to bring
||Please participate in comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and bring your own headwear, rain gear, beverages, and towels for bathing.
* We will provide beverages at some of the gastronomy points.
|Direction to the venue
10 min walk from Yunoyama Onsen Station of Kintetsu Rail Line
Near the bus stop "Aquaignis" of Mie Kotsu Bus
5 min from Komono IC of Shin Meishin Express Way
||Yunoyama Onsen Association
|Registration place on the day of event and schedule
||[Reception venues on the day of event]Aquaignis Kataoka Hot Springs
[Starting point]Aquaignis Kataoka Hot Springs
[Finish line]Aquaignis Kataoka Hot Springs
1) Reception opening hours 9:00～／Departure time 9:45～
2) Reception opening hours 9:30～／Departure time 10:15～
3) Reception opening hours 10:00～／Departure time 10:45～
||（1）Komono Tofu (Tofu dish prepared by the head chef of the Hotel Yunomoto made with organic Fukuyutaka soybeans from Komono-cho)
（2）Makomo Udon Noodles (Ryokan Kotobuki-tei's original udon noodles made with Makomotake, a plant which was named after the town)
（3）Ise Akadori (Lean and flavorful chicken that are raised in the beautiful nature and clean water of Mie Prefecture)
（4）Sohei Nabe (A hot-pot dish traditionally eaten as a source of stamina by the militant priests of the Sangoku Temple in Yunoyama Hot Springs. A hot-pot cooked with mountain vegetables, wild game such as venison, and different kinds of miso.
（5）Komono Kayaku Rice (Traditional homestyle-flavored steamed rice of Komono town, cooked in a kettle)
（6）Makosuki Croquette (Croquette made with the special plant, Makomotake of Komono town, Fukuyutaka organic soybeans, and Mie Wagyu beef)
（7）Komono Pork BBQ (Pork raised at a natural, private farm in Komono town)
（8）Aquaignis Chestnut Monaka of Iwashimaya (Original dessert created in the collaboration with the world renown pastry chef Tsujiguchi's shop Confiture H and a local Komono Town Japanese sweet shop, Iwashima-ya)
||・Nagaishi (The sight of the clear, emerald green water flowing from the Suzuka Mountains is stunning)
・Oishi Park (The largest granite stone in Japan is in Oishi Park and Oishi Kuranosuke is said to have been speechless when he visited. There are many other kinds of large and unusual rocks in the park. There is also the beautiful combination of Mitaki River flowing through the hot spring town and the forest.
・Izanai Bridge As the name (Invitation Bridge) suggests, lovers were known to secretly meet at this bridge located a little upstream.
・Poem monument by Sasaki Nobutsuna (a poet from Suzuka City)
・Namida Bridge Many haiku and waka poets enjoyed watching the flow of the river from this bridge. "Play in spring, stay in the mountain as bush warblers do." Suzuki Kobune who was an assistant at the baths is said to have shed tears at farewells with her customers at the bridge. Since then, the bridge is named Bridge of Tears (Namida-bashi)
・Kawazu Iwa ("Daikokuten of Frog Rock" where a smiling Daikokuten (god of wealth) is enshrined on a large frog-shaped rock.)
・Gozaisho Ropeway (Newly opened in July, 2018. The ropeway on Mt. Gozaisho is the longest in Japan with a length of 2161m. On the 12-minute ride, you can see wonderful views reminiscent of a wood block print. The sweeping view of the Ise Plain, Ise Bay and Chita Peninsula is magnificent.
・Yunoyama Kamoshika Bridge (Opened in August, 2018. From the bridg, you can see not only the entire Komono Town but also Mt. Gozaisho and Aodaki Falls.)
・Kibo-so (The facility offers a health-promoting program using the hot spring. This ancient natural hot spring with its high content of radon is beneficial to health. You can also enjoy a radon bath.
・Komono Ceramic Village (The ceramic village in Chigusa was presided over by the late Kei Ito, and where his apprentices have gathered. Twelve pottery kilns can be seen on the hillside.
・Komono Fuji (The mountain is 369m high and it takes about 30 minutes to climb to the peak. From there, a sweeping view of Yokkaichi area, Komono Town, and Mt. Gozaisho and the Suzuka Mountain Range can be viewed.)
|Locations of toilets along the course (except starting and finishing points)
|Information on hot springs *hot spring bath (free / discount, etc.)
||Please choose one bathing facility in the Yunoyama Hot Spring area (selected facilities) or Aquaignis Kataoka Hot Springs.
||1. In order to hold the event smoothly and safely, participants shall comply with the regulations specified by the organizer and the traffic regulations.
2. The organizer shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures in case of injury, loss or other accident."
3. The change of time or cancellation by personal reason is not accepted after registration.
4. The event may be canceled in case of an unexpected accident such as natural disaster, stormy weather, or new strain of influenza epidemic, etc. In that case, we can not compensate for the individual expenses such as participation fee, transportation or accommodation expenses."
5. Please check the event homepage for a cancellation notice.
6. It will be an event involving alcoholic beverages. Please enjoy the appropriate amount and please refrain from acting to disturb other participants. (loud voice, excessive drinking, etc.)"
7. We may ask for an identification card for age verification. Driving cars, bicycles, etc. with drinking is prohibited by law. Please use public transportation. "
8. The publication rights for any video, photographs, articles, records, the names/ages/addresses of participants (country, prefecture) that might be released to magazines, internet and others belong to the event organizer, the General Incorporated Association, and the ONSEN Gastronomy Tourism Promotion Organization.