||Oct 6, 2019
Iwamuro Hot Springs Area, Nishikan-ku, Niigata-shi
||Sep 25, 2019 - Oct 3, 2019
|Zip / Postalcode
||96-1 Iwamuro Onsen, Nishikanbara-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata-ken
Iwamuro Onsen Tourism Association
|What is ONSEN Gastronomy Walking?
||ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism is a new tourism that introduces the charm of hot spring resorts in Japan by walking and experiencing the food, nature, culture and history of local areas.
We open this event, ONSEN Gastronomy Walking, to enjoy a stroll through the beauty of hot spring areas, to experience our history and nature, to taste local foods and beverages, and finally to soak in a soothing hot spring at the end of the tour.
|The number of paticipants
* Registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.
|Registration place on the day of event
||Niigata-shi Iwamuro Tourism Facility, Iwamuro-ya
|Clothes and items to bring
||Please participate in comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and bring your own headwear, rain gear, beverages, and towels for bathing.
＊We will provide beverages at some of the gastronomy points.
||100 parking spaces (free)
|Direction to the venue
Approx. 60 min walk from Iwamuro Station of the JR Echigo Line / Approx. 10 min by car / Approx. 15 min. by bus
0 min walk from Iwamuro-ya Bus Stop
■By Courtesy bus
Courtesy bus service is available from JR Iwamuro station to the event venue
Courtesy bus service is available from the event venue to JR Iwamuro station
* Reservation is necessary (Please contact for details)
20 min. from Makikata-higashi IC
||Iwamuro Onsen Tourism Association
|Registration place on the day of event and schedule
||［Registration place on the day of event］Iwamuro-ya
［Finishing point］Iwamuro-ya (Last finishing time: 14:00)
1) Reception opening hours 8:30～／Departure time 9:00～ *Staggered start
2）Reception opening hours 9:00～／Departure time 9:30～ *Staggered start
3）Reception opening hours 9:30～／Departure time 10:00～ *Staggered start
||This year's harvest of Niigata rice, Koshihikari, cooked in “Nuka (rice husk) Rice Pot”
Iwamuro dishes made with the selected ingredients
・Local autumn vegetables
・Kakinomoto (edible purple chrysanthemum flowers)
・Local sake from Iwamuro
||・Course of wide-open fields and history
Niigata-shi, Nishikan-ku is known as the place with the highest production of rice in Japan. The outbound walk will take you through the wide-open countryside, and on the return path you can see the historical Shugetsu-ji Temple, a nationally-designated important cultural property, and the Hokkoku Road, the traditional route to the Yahiko region since ancient times.
|Information on hot springs *hot spring bath (free / discount, etc.)
||There is a free hot spring footbath at Iwamuro-ya, Niigata city Iwamuro Tourism Facility, which is also the starting and finishing point of the walk
You can visit one hot spring free of charge from the selected facilities: Ryokan inn, 4 hotels, and 1 daily bath facility.
|Restroom Locations along the Course (in addition to the starting and finishing points)
||Park of Iwamuro-yu Hot Springs, Marukoyama Park, Osugi Bara (Rose) Park, and Iwamuro Parking Lot
||1. In order to hold the event smoothly and safely, participants shall comply with the regulations specified by the organizer and the traffic regulations.
2. The organizer shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures in case of injury, loss or other accident."
3. The change of time or cancellation by personal reason is not accepted after registration.
4. The event may be canceled in case of an unexpected accident such as natural disaster, stormy weather, or new strain of influenza epidemic, etc. In that case, we can not compensate for the individual expenses such as participation fee, transportation or accommodation expenses."
5. Please check the event homepage for a cancellation notice.
6. It will be an event involving alcoholic beverages. Please enjoy the appropriate amount and please refrain from acting to disturb other participants. (loud voice, excessive drinking, etc.)"
7. We may ask for an identification card for age verification. Driving cars, bicycles, etc. with drinking is prohibited by law. Please use public transportation. "
8. The publication rights for any video, photographs, articles, records, the names/ages/addresses of participants (country, prefecture) that might be released to magazines, internet and others belong to the event organizer, the General Incorporated Association, and the ONSEN Gastronomy Tourism Promotion Organization.
|About the Certification of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)
||You can be certified as a member of “ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” when you register for the walking event. (*No fee to be certified)
“ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” is a group of members supporting ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism and consists mainly of people who have a passions for hot springs.
“ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” members will receive ONSEN・Gastronomy Walking and other up-to-date information.
Official website for members of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)”
“ONSEN＋” option is available for members.
For ONSEN＋ information: https://onsen-gastronomy.com/lp/onsenplus/
A ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) badge will be sent to your address. Please make sure to write your mailing address correctly and clearly.
* Personal information such as name, address, mail address, etc. received at the time of registration may be shared within the operating company, ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association.
Information about ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association:
- Reception site on the day of event
- Show All Places