||Oct 13, 2019
＊Rain-or-shine event. If the weather is difficult for walking, only a meals will be served.
Tsumagoi Panorama Line North Route, etc.,Tsumagoi village
||Sep 19, 2019 - Oct 4, 2019
|Zip / Postalcode
||ONSEN Gastronomy Walking in Tsumagoi Executive Committee
110 oomae, tsumagoi village, azuma-gun, gunma-ken
|What is ONSEN Gastronomy Walking？
||ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism is a new tourism that introduces the charm of hot spring resorts in Japan by walking and experiencing the food, nature, culture and history of local areas.
We open this event, ONSEN Gastronomy Walking, to enjoy a stroll through the beauty of hot spring areas, to experience our history and nature, to taste local foods and beverages, and finally to soak in a soothing hot spring at the end of the tour.
|The number of paticipants
* Registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.
|Registration site on day of event
||Palcall Tsumagoi Resort parking area.
Baragi Kogen, Tsumagoi village, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma
|Clothes and items to bring
||Please participate in comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and bring your own headwear, rain gear, beverages, and towels for bathing.
* We will provide beverages at some of the gastronomy points.
||About 400 parking spaces (free)
|Direction to the venue
About 30 minutes by Taxi from Manza Shikazawaguchi Station, JR Agatsuma Line
About 80 minutes from Usui-Karuizawa Interchange on Joshinetsu Highway.
About 90 minutes from Shibukawa-Ikaho Interchange on Kanetsu Highway.
||Tsumagoi Village Tourism Information
|Registration site on day of event and schedule
||［Reception venues on the day of event］Palcall Tsumagoi Resort Parking Area.
［Finishing point］Tokai University Tsumagoi Kogen Training center
1)Start time: 10:00
2)Start time: 10:20
3)Start time: 10:40
4)Start time: 11:00
*Destination cut-off: 16:00
*From the parking lot to the starting point by bus is about 10 minutes
*The registration starts at 9:30am.
Please check-in at the reception desk 15 minutes before your start time.
*It is about 450m from the goal point to the parking lot.
||*Coarsely cut Cabbage and Pickles: Sweet and juicy Cabbage grown in Tsumagoi village.
*Kewpie Coleslaw Salad: We use Cabbage from Tsumagoi village.
*Japanese-style Pancake with Otafuku Sauce: We use cabbage from Tsumagoi village.
*Rainbow trout: It is low fat, high in protein and healthy and the finest rainbow trout in Gunma.
*Onigiri (rice ball): Made from our gold medal awarded rice.
*Ice cream: Made from our famous Cabbage. It’s rich in flavor with 30% runner beans.
*Tsumagoi Kogen beer: We offer 2 styles: Fruity white Ale, and Hoppy, bitter Ale.
*Soda: Soda with Cabbage vinegar (based on Purple cabbage and Cabbage)
*Minestrone: Minestrone made with local vegetables.
*Simmered Runner Beans: This bean is characterized by it is large size and growth only in highlands.
*Boiled potato: Delicious potatoes, high in starch content – the result of a day-night temperature difference in Tsumagoi village.
||Start from “Aisai no Oka”. This location is popular as a place to cry out your love for your partner. Our walking route will take in the magnificent vistas of Mt. Asama and Mt. Azumaya - among the top 100 most famous mountains in Japan.
The route continues around Lake Baragi – with a circumference of 2km. Most of the local hiking trails are panoramic, where highland vegetables grow freely. The “Tsumagoi Kogen Cabbage Marathon” is one such example, with its innumerable, challenging slopes - it is said to be the hardest marathon course in Japan! For us, we choose to enjoy it at our own leisurely walking pace.
|Locations of toilets along the course (except starting and finishing points)
|Information on hot springs
||You will receive a coupon that allows you to bathe at discounted (and free) prices at affiliated hot spring facilities such as: Tsumagoi Baragi Onsen, Kazawa Onsen, Manza Onsen, etc.
||1. In order to hold the event smoothly and safely, participants shall comply with the regulations specified by the organizer and the traffic regulations.
2. The organizer shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures in case of injury, loss or other accident."
3. The change of time or cancellation by personal reason is not accepted after registration.
4. The event may be canceled in case of an unexpected accident such as natural disaster, stormy weather, or new strain of influenza epidemic, etc. In that case, we can not compensate for the individual expenses such as participation fee, transportation or accommodation expenses."
5. Please check the event homepage for a cancellation notice.
6. It will be an event involving alcoholic beverages. Please enjoy the appropriate amount and please refrain from acting to disturb other participants. (loud voice, excessive drinking, etc.)"
7. We may ask for an identification card for age verification. Driving cars, bicycles, etc. with drinking is prohibited by law. Please use public transportation. "
8. The posting rights and portrait rights of the convention videos, pictures and articles, records, applicants' names, ages, addresses (country, prefecture/province) to magazines, Internet, etc., belong to the event organizer.
|About the Certification of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)
||You can be certified as a member of ”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” when you register for the walking event. (*No fee to be certified)
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) is a group of members supporting ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism and consists mainly of people who have a passions for hot springs.
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” members will receive ONSEN・Gastronomy Walking and other up-to-date information.
Official website for members of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)”
”ONSEN＋” option is available for members.
For ONSEN＋ information: https://onsen-gastronomy.com/lp/onsenplus/
A ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) badge will be sent to your address. Please make sure to write your mailing address correctly and clearly.
* Personal information such as name, address, mail address, etc. received at the time of registration may be shared within the operating company, ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association.
Information about ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association:
||No participation notice will be sent to early registrants.
■ For internet registration
After the payment is made, please show a copy of the confirmation email or a screen shot of the ”payment confirmation” or ”entry confirmation” at the reception desk.
■ For phone registration and payment at convenience store
A transaction slip and/or receipt issued at the store can be used as certificate of payment. Please present the receipt at reception.
■ For phone registration and payment with a credit card
Please present an identification card on the day of the event at the reception desk.
- Reception site on the day of event
- Show All Places