||Dec 1, 2019
（Sun.）09:00（rain or Shine）
||Jul 1, 2019 9:00 - Jul 12, 2019
||Naha Marathon Association
4F Okinawa Times Office, 2-2-2 Kumoji, Naha, Okinawa
||“The Runners are the stars”
The NAHA Marathon is now one of the premier sports events of Japan.
This “Festival of Sun, Ocean, and Joggers” started in 1985 as a commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the sister city bond between Naha and Honolulu. Each Marathon has provided a forum to promote ties and friendship for domestic and international interaction.
The course, with The Peace Prayer and Memorial Park at its mid-point, is a full 42.195km long. Run on this tropical island, Okinawa!
|Maximum number of runners
* registrations will close during the appilcation period if the maximum number is reached.
|Race Starting Time
||■Race Starting Time
1 Dec. 2019 (Sun.) 09:00 (Rain or Shine)
Official Marathon Course Length of course 42.195km
・Distribution of Race Number & T-shirts
■Start and Finish
[Start] 9:00 Ohnoyama Park ～ Meiji Bashi, Route 58
All runners must be positioned at starting area by 08:20.
[Finish] 15:15 Ohnoyama Stadium
(Time limits 6 hours 15 minutes)
・All finishers; Certificate & Medal of Commemoration
||1. Open to all healthy entrants who are 16 years old (on the day of the competition) or older,regardless of nationality.
(Entrants 18 years old and younger require their legal guardian’s permission.)
2. Open to entrants who have properly registered and been recognized for this amateur tournament. (Entry cannot be given to a third party. No substitute runners allowed.)
* This rule applies even if the entrant is unable to run on the day of the tournament.
[Under 18 years of age]6,000yen
[Over 65 years of age]6,000yen
(Fee includes processing, runner number, commemorative T-shirt, and insurance.)
*Absolutely NO refunds after acceptance of application.
*The amount includes 100 yen for the Naha Marathon charity fund.
*This is calculated based on the age on the day of the event.
*Cancellation of event due to inclement weather, accident or incident shall not be cause for refund Registration Fee.
||T-shirt size cannot be changed after entry or on the day of the tournament.
-JAPAN SIZE : SS
Height 161cm ／ body length 62 ／ body width 44 ／ shoulder Width 42
-JAPAN SIZE : S
Height 167cm ／ body length 65 ／ body width 47 ／ shoulder Width 44
-JAPAN SIZE : M
Height 170cm ／ body length 68 ／ body width 50 ／ shoulder Width 46
-JAPAN SIZE : L
Height 176cm ／ body length 71 ／ body width 53 ／ shoulder Width 48
-JAPAN SIZE : LL
Height 182cm ／ body length 74 ／ body width 56 ／ shoulder Width 50
-JAPAN SIZE : 3L
Height 182cm ／ body length 77 ／ body width 60 ／ shoulder Width 53
|Time check point
||Time checkpoints will be set throughout the marathon, based on transport safety, security, and our operations and logistics requirements. Entrants who arrive at the checkpoint well after the designated closing time will be asked to withdraw from the marathon.
[checkpoint 1]Peace pray park(21.3km)...12:15
[checkpoint 2]Change the location
|The recommended times for runners to drop out the race
Kochinda junior high school(13.3km)...11:35
|Regarding lining up at the start
||1. In order to ensure that the start is safe and smooth, the waiting block for the start will be set based on the estimated time given at the time of application. If the estimated time is not entered, then the start will be from the last block.
2. If the estimated time is less than three hours, be sure to enter the best time in a full marathon within the past three years. If the best time field is not entered or the record is not accurate, then the start point will be a rear block.
*Please report your record accurately. The secretariat may make inquiries about this.
|Accidents During the Race
||1. A marathon is a grueling sport. Runners may have unexpected accidents due to the lack of physical fitness. Do not participate if you are experiencing health problems. If you feel ill during the race, retire from the race immediately.
2. First aid will be provided for any accidents or injuries that occur during the race; however, the Association will not be held responsible thereafter. Runners are responsible for their own health condition during the race.
||We do not allow costumes that are inappropriate for a sporting event, including those that may make other runners or supporters feel uncomfortable or put them in danger. Running whilst pushing a stroller and running with a pet are not allowed. Please note that the organizer may prohibit participation in the race on the day of the event.
|Please Note the Following
||[articipation in the event]
1. Wearing or displaying any designs or brand names representing commercial names or trade names, etc. used for advertising purposes within the event site (including the race course) is prohibited. We do not admit the act of asking for donations, signatures, etc.
2. The organizer will implement first aid if there is an accident during the competition, but will bear no other responsibility except in cases arising due to gross negligence on the part of the organizer. (The organizer will take out insurance, but the insurance will not cover hospitalization, etc., due to medical diseases, etc. Please note that for accidents during the competition, the scope will be only the scope of that insurance.)
3. A visually impaired person must be accompanied by an accompanying runner and the two must remain together when participating in the competition, including if one party retires.
4. Time is measured by Torso-Tag. Please make sure not to forget putting the tag. The association collects the tag in exchange for the completion certification form after your finish. In case you retire the race, put the tag in the collection boxes which are set in the pickup buses, each check points, or the meeting space. In case you forget to bring back the tag on the race day, please return it by mail or bring to the association office directly after the next day of the race. Please note that the actual cost will be required for those who lose the tag.
5. The participants should be responsible for valuables and baggage. The organizer has no obligation related to the losses caused by the theft or other accidents.
6. The organizer prepares the Number Card and you will be handed it at the reception on the race day with the participation gift. After your application, the organizer sends participation approval [Number Card Notification] around in late-November. Please make sure to bring and put in it at the reception.
7. The passage of traffic may be prioritized at intersections where traffic jams are expected.
8. In the case of an emergency, the ambulance has priority and has the right of way. Runners should be careful not to block the path of the ambulance.
9. Entrants are expected to train sufficiently, undergo a medical checkup, and otherwise be fully prepared for the event. It is your responsibility to check your health condition before participation.
10.The event organizer will not be responsible for delayed arrival of entrants on the race day due to public transportation and road conditions.
1. Multiple entries by the same individual will result in all entries from that individual being disqualified. No refunds will be given.
2. Participants are not allowed to provide incorrect gender, age, or other information. No substitute runners are allowed. Any violation of this rule will result in a permanent ban from the current and all future tournaments.
3. No entries or changes to existing entries can be accepted after the entry period. Participants may be contacted or e-mailed in cases where a problem with the entry has been identified.
4. Substitute runners (including giving an entry to a third party) are not allowed. If discovered, substitute runners will be immediately disqualified.
Regardless of reason, no compensation or refunds will be given.
5. Tournament organizers are not responsible for applications late due to difficulties connecting to the internet or delays caused by the postal system.
6. Please note that not all devices/browsers may be compatible with the online application page.
7. Register the address correctly, including down to the name of the building, the room number and any other information necessary. The organizer will not be responsible for any delayed arrival or non-arrival of mail that occurs because insufficient details are written.
8. We ask that minors participate with the consent of their guardians.
||・Parking lots are very limited. All participants are asked to use public transportation.
・Family members, friends and spectators are asked to avoid use of private vehicles.
・Traffic jams accompanied by the Marathon give serious inconveniences to local residents and to Marathon operations. Please avoid parking anywhere between mid-point of the course and finish line.
|Rules and Regulations
||The Rules & Regulations of this Marathon accord with FY2019 covenants between the Japan Track & Field Association and the Naha Marathon Association.
1. When the referees / doctors make a judgement [diagnosis] that the runner is unable to continue the race, they have a right to order him / her to halt the race.
2. The referees have a right to order runners, who failure to follow the race policy, ignore the stern warnings, and interfere remarkably with the race operation, to halt the race. (ex. refusals to go to assigned starting position, improper entry onto course, etc.)
3. When the referees make a judgment that the runners are unable to meet the deadline, they may order runners to discontinue the race even before the time-limit.
4. An ambulance will be available for the sole purpose of providing aid to those with emergency needs. The ambulance is not available to pick up retired runners.
5. In the case of an emergency, the ambulance has priority and has the right of way. Runners should be careful not to block the path of the ambulance.
||1．Apart from providing first-aid, the organizers bear no responsibility for sickness or injuries.
2．The organizers bear no responsibility for theft/loss of property, delays to public transportation or road congestion.
3．All participants must follow all instructions given by race organizers, traffic management personnel, and the police. They must further display good manners and follow the rules of the race.
4．Entry to the tournament signifies acceptance of all tournament rules and the contents of this pledge. Furthermore, participants 18 and younger (high-school students) may only participants with the permission of their legal guardian (name and personal seal required).
5．After payment, no refunds or cancellations can be made.
6．Participants are not allowed to provide incorrect gender, age, or other information. No substitute runners are allowed. Incorrect information／substitute runners will result in immediate disqualification and loss of insurance coverage.
7．No refunds will be given for 5,6 listed above, in the case of overpayment, double payment, nor for cancellations due to accidents or natural calamities (including flooding, earthquakes, inclement weather, and fire.).
8．Participants agree that their name, age, address (country, prefecture and/or municipality) as well as recordings (video and still) and other race records (etc.) may be used online, in printed materials including newspapers, and on television (etc.). Participants grant the event organizers the right to use their information and their portrait rights. They agree to commercial use of this information, such as in photographs, printed materials, DVDs, and use in the media.
9．Regarding Personal Information The event organizers recognize the importance or personal information and strictly follow all rules and regulations regarding the handling and storing of such. The organizers will handle all such information in accordance with the policy on the handling and protection of personal information.
*Decision to cancel the event
The following are possible cases in which the competition may be cancelled when it is judged that the event cannot be operated safely due to the occurrence of a phenomenon written in item 7 of the event pledges.
1. In the case of a typhoon, heavy rain, flood, storm, etc.
In the event that the Implementation Headquarters decides that the implementation of the competition is not possible based on weather predictions related to the construction of temporary facilities before the event day or the weather on the day of the event
2. In the case of an earthquake disaster, large-scale accident (fire on the course, etc.), terrorist threat, etc.
In the event that the Implementation Headquarters decides that it is not possible to sufficiently secure the safety of the participants such as the runners and volunteers, or of the competition officers and mobilized staff, etc., due to the occurrence of a natural disaster or other incident in Okinawa Prefecture or the southern district up to the day of the event.
3. In the case of high temperature and humidity
In the event that the Implementation Headquarters decides that the implementation of the competition would be dangerous dve to an incrcase in the temperature and humidity, etc.
|Number Card Notification
||After your application, the organizer sends participation approval [Number Card Notification] around in late-November. Please make sure to bring and put in it at the reception.
- COURSE MAP
- Show All Places