||Jun 29, 2019
＊Rain-or-shine event. If the weather is difficult for walking, only a meals will be served.
Ruins of Defunct Yubari Branch Rail Line and Area of Yubari Shrine
||May 31, 2019 - Jun 24, 2019
||Industry Promotion Section of Yubari City
ONSEN Gastronomy Walking in Yubari Executive Committee
(Bureau: Yubari Tourism Promotion Council)
4 Honcho, Yubari-shi, Hokkaido
|What is ONSEN Gastronomy Walking？
||ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism is a new tourism that introduces the charm of hot spring resorts in Japan by walking and experiencing the food, nature, culture and history of local areas.
We open this event, ONSEN Gastronomy Walking, to enjoy a stroll through the beauty of hot spring areas, to experience our history and nature, to taste local foods and beverages, and finally to soak in a soothing hot spring at the end of the tour.
|The number of paticipants
* Registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.
|Reception place on the day of event
||Hotel Mount Racey (Registration by the entrance of the hotel)
2-4 Suehiro, Yubari-shi, Hokkaido 068-0411
|Clothes and items to bring
||Please participate in comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and bring your own headwear, rain gear, beverages, and towels for bathing.
＊We will provide beverages at some of the gastronomy points.
||200 free parking spaces (Please use the parking of the Hotel Mount Racey)
|Direction to the venue
【outbound】Leave Shin-Yubari Station at 10:05 - Arrive in Racey Resort at 10:40
【returning】Leave Racey Resort at 16:00 - Arrive in Shin-Yubari station at 16:35
＊If courtesy bus is used, your starting time will be 11:15.
● Bus【Chuo Bus】9:15: Sapporo Station - 10:54 Racey Resort
Bus【Yubari Bus】9:00: Shin-Sapporo Station - 10:23 Yutetsu Head Office / Transfer bus 10:55 Yutetsu Head Office - 11:00 Racey Resort
● JR【Super Ozora 3】8:54: Sapporo Station - 9:03 Shin-Sapporo Station - 9:26 Minami Chitose - 10:01: Shin-Yubari Station / Change to Bus 10:21: Shin-Yubari Station - 11:00: Racey Resort
From Obihiro and Kushiro
● JR【Super Ozora 2】6:26: Kushiro Station - 8:02: Obihiro Station - 9:39: Shin-Yubari Station / Change to Bus 10:21: Shin-Yubari Station - 11:00: Racey Resort
● Bus【Chuo Bus】15:43: Racey Resort - 17:22: Sapporo Station
● JR【Super Ozora 8】Bus 15:32: Racey Resort - 15:40: Yutetsu Head Office / Transfer Bus 15:44: Yutetsu Head Office - 16:18: Shin-Yubari Station / Change to train 16:47: Shin-Yubari Station - 17:22: Minami Chitose Station - 17:46: Shin-Sapporo Station - 17:56: Sapporo Station
JR【Regular】Bus 17:28: Racey Resort - 18:10: Shin-Yubari Station / Change to train 18:35: Shin-Yubari Station - 19:28: Minami-Chitose Station - 19:33: Chitose - Rapid Airport Station
JR【Super Ozora 10】Bus 17:28: Racey Resort - 18:10: Racey Resort - 18:10: Shin-Yubari Station / Change to train 19:13: Shin-Yubari Station - 19:43: Minami-Chitose Station - 20:05: Shin-Sapporo Station - 20:15: Sapporo Station
To Obihiro and Kushiro direction
● JR【Super Tokachi 5】Bus 15:32: Racey Resort - 15:40: Yutetsu Head Office / 15:44: Yutetsu Head Office - 16:18: Shin-Yubari Station / Change to train 17:21: Shin-Yubari Station - 19:00: Obihiro Station
JR【Super Ozora 9】Bus 17:28: Racey Resort - 18:10: Shin-Yubari Station / Change to train 18:32: Shin-Yubari Station - 20:16: Obihiro Station - 21:59: Kushiro Station
About 20 minutes from Yubari IC
About 1 hour from Shin-Chitose Airport
||Yubari Resort Corporation
|Reception venue on the day of event and schedule
||[Reception venues on the day of event]In front of Hotel Mount Racey
[Starting point]In front of Hotel Mount Racey
[Finishing point]In front of Hotel Mount Racey
1）Departure time 10:30～
2）Departure time 10:45～
3）Departure time 11:00～
4）Departure time 11:15～
＊Registration opens 30 minutes before the starting time of your entry.
After all, it's the ”Yubari Melon.”
The soul food of coal miners and a local gourmet dish.
As one of Yubari’s increasing new businesses, this is a popular dish of a pasta restaurant newly opened last year.
Old-fashioned with a nostalgic taste.
Typical gourmet dish of Hokkaido featuring barbecued lamb.
＊Sake, wine, draft beer, and others
||（1）”Defunct Railroad Walk”
The former Yubari Station is on the Yubari Branch Line of the Ishikari Line which was closed on March 31. On this course, you start from the station and walk the hiking course along the obsolete railroad.
When Hokkaido Coal Mine Railway Corporation was established in 1889 (Meiji 22), this shrine was built to pray for the safety of the operation in Yubari Coal Mine and the railroad. Famous engraved calligraphy by Heihachiro Togo who was a hero during the Japanese-Sino War decorates the shrine. The view of coal mountains from the shrine is one of the attractions.
It was renovated in April 2018, but unfortunately a fire broke out in mid-April and the museum was removed from our walking course. You may be able to view it from a distance.
The movie sets of ”Kita-no Zeronen” and ”Kita-no 3-busaku” starring Sayuri Yoshinaga have been maintained. The actual set is off-limits, but the course takes in the vicinity.
|Information on hot springs
||Bath Tickets for Racey-no-yu at Hotel Mount Racey will be given (there is a separate entrance).
Please use at your own pace after the walk.
This natural hot spring is said to soften cuticles with sodium and hydrogen carbonate, and is also known as hot spring water for beautiful skin.
||1. In order to hold the event smoothly and safely, participants shall comply with the regulations specified by the organizer and the traffic regulations.
2. The organizer shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures in case of injury, loss or other accident."
3. The change of time or cancellation by personal reason is not accepted after registration.
4. The event may be canceled in case of an unexpected accident such as natural disaster, stormy weather, or new strain of influenza epidemic, etc. In that case, we can not compensate for the individual expenses such as participation fee, transportation or accommodation expenses."
5. Please check the event homepage for a cancellation notice.
6. It will be an event involving alcoholic beverages. Please enjoy the appropriate amount and please refrain from acting to disturb other participants. (loud voice, excessive drinking, etc.)"
7. We may ask for an identification card for age verification. Driving cars, bicycles, etc. with drinking is prohibited by law. Please use public transportation. "
8. The posting rights and portrait rights of the convention videos, pictures and articles, records, applicants' names, ages, addresses (country, prefecture/province) to magazines, Internet, etc., belong to the event organizer.
|URL of previous event report
|About the Certification of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)
||You can be certified as a member of ”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” when you register for the walking event. (*No fee to be certified)
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) is a group of members supporting ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism and consists mainly of people who have a passions for hot springs.
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” members will receive ONSEN・Gastronomy Walking and other up-to-date information.
Official website for members of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)”
”ONSEN＋” option is available for members.
For ONSEN＋ information: https://onsen-gastronomy.com/lp/onsenplus/
A ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) badge will be sent to your address. Please make sure to write your mailing address correctly and clearly.
* Personal information such as name, address, mail address, etc. received at the time of registration may be shared within the operating company, ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association.
Information about ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association:
||No participation notice will be sent to early registrants.
■ For internet registration
After the payment is made, please show a copy of the confirmation email or a screen shot of the ”payment confirmation” or ”entry confirmation” at the reception desk.
■ For phone registration and payment at convenience store
A transaction slip and/or receipt issued at the store can be used as certificate of payment. Please present the receipt at reception.
■ For phone registration and payment with a credit card
Please present an identification card on the day of the event at the reception desk.
- Reception place on the day of event
- Show All Places