||Jun 2, 2019
＊Rain-or-shine event. If the weather is difficult for walking, only a meals will be served.
Uchinomaki Hot Spring Area（Aso Grassland Conservation Center Start/Goal）, Aso-shi,
||Apr 18, 2019 - May 24, 2019
||Aso City Health Promotion Committee（Aso City Tourism Division）
504-1 Miyachi, Ichinomiya-cho, Aso-shi, Kumamoto-ken
|The number of paticipants
* Registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.
|Reception place on the day of event
||Aso Grassland Conservation Center
Kosato 656, Aso-shi, Kumamoto-ken
|Clothes and items to bring
||Please participate in comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and bring your own headwear, rain gear, beverages, and towels for bathing.
＊We will provide beverages at some of the gastronomy points.
||Approx. 80 spaces (free parking)
Please use Hana-Aso-Bi Parking Area.（Kosato 781, Aso-shi, Kumamoto-ken）
＊Located across the street from the event venue.
|Direction to the venue
Approx. 10 minutes by car from Aso Station, JR Houhihonsen.
＊Due to damage from the Kumamoto Earthquake, the JR Houhihonsen between Higo-Otsu Station and Aso Station has been discontinued. Please confirm beforehand.
・Please use the ASO Express Bus [Fukuoka - Aso direct]
・Please use Trans Kyushu Bus [Kumamoto - Oita]
・Please use Yamabiko Limited Express Buss [Kumamoto - Beppu]
・Approx. 50 minutes by car from Kumamoto IC.
・Approx. 1 hour by car from Kita Kumamoto Smart IC.
・Approx. 50 minutes by car from Aso Kumamoto Airport.
||・Aso City Tourism Association 0967-34-1600
・Aso Onsen Tourist Inn Cooperative 0967-32-3330
|Reception venue on the day of event and schedule
||［Reception venues on the day of event］Aso Grassland Conservation Center
［Starting point］Aso Grassland Conservation Center
［Finishing point］Aso Grassland Conservation Center(Course must be completed by 15:00)
1) Reception window opens at 09:00～／Departure time 09:30～
2) Reception window opens at 09:30～／Departure time 10:00～
3) Reception window opens at 10:00～／Departure time 10:30～
||・Sake and enzyme drink made from Aso-grown rice, ASOMILK Yogurt drink for children
A toast will be give prior to departing.
・Minestrone Soup with an abundance of vegetables
Please enjoy minestrone soup made from select tomatoes from Aso.
・”Barokke (Horse Croquette) ” and Aso Pickles
We will serve croquettes made with a Kumamoto specialty, horse meat, and pickles made from vegetables from Aso.
・Aso Hand-made Bacon and dishes of Aso ”Takana” Mustard Greens（if available）
We are planning to serve delicious bacon and Takana pickles, an Aso specialty.
・Stamina Namino Soba（buckwheat noodles served cold）
Enjoy the taste of Kougen Namino Soba produced in the highlands of the Aso Namino Plateau.
・Aka beef ( Red Wagyu ） Roast Beef, Fresh-picked Aso Vegetable salad, Strawberry Sweets
Aso’s specialty Aka beef ( Red Wagyu ） is a lean meat, so enjoy the umami of a healthy and good-quality meat.
＊Note：The menu is tentative for now. Contents are subject to change without notice.
||・Fukuno Kami Jizo, Umanojo-san
From the spectacular view point at the top of the stairs, you can see the entire Uchinomaki area.
The God of the hot spring is enshrined here, so show reverence by clapping your hands together.
This shop offers the experience of bouldering in the ruins of a sake brewery.
This park is a children’s paradise of playground equipment.
・Mt. Aso and Pastoral Landscape
A gorgeous landscape spreads behind Mt. Aso. Can you name the five peaks of Mt. Aso?
This park is dedicated to bicycling where you can use both kick bikes and mountain bikes.
・Gokuten Park ・ Sugawara Shrine
This is said to be a natural power spot where you can fulfill love if you discover the two heart-shaped stone lanterns and visit Sugawara Shrine.
・Uchinomaki Shopping Street.
A photo of the huge chair is perfect for Instagram! Another highlight is the restaurant called ”Imakin” that offers popular ”Aka Beef Bowl"（Red Wagyu Donburi）.
A retro-inspired shop where you can purchase some kiddy candies for grownups!
This footbath is located along the course. If your feet get tired, why not try healing them in these soothing waters.
|Locations of toilets along the course (except starting and finishing points)
|Information on hot springs
||There are more than 130 natural springs at Uchinomaki Onsen. Most are hot springs with different flow rates and water quality.
These hot springs feature water containing metasilicates, lithium, and sulphates that are known to promote relaxation. So, heal both mind and body in the wilderness of Aso.
＊The hot spring entry ticket will be given at the finishing point. It is valid on the event day only at the ten hot spring facilities of Uchinomaki in Aso City.
||1. In order to hold the event smoothly and safely, participants shall comply with the regulations specified by the organizer and the traffic regulations.
2. The organizer shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures in case of injury, loss or other accident."
3. The change of time or cancellation by personal reason is not accepted after registration.
4. The event may be canceled in case of an unexpected accident such as natural disaster, stormy weather, or new strain of influenza epidemic, etc. In that case, we can not compensate for the individual expenses such as participation fee, transportation or accommodation expenses."
5. Please check the event homepage for a cancellation notice.
6. It will be an event involving alcoholic beverages. Please enjoy the appropriate amount and please refrain from acting to disturb other participants. (loud voice, excessive drinking, etc.)"
7. We may ask for an identification card for age verification. Driving cars, bicycles, etc. with drinking is prohibited by law. Please use public transportation. "
8. The posting rights and portrait rights of the convention videos, pictures and articles, records, applicants' names, ages, addresses (country, prefecture/province) to magazines, Internet, etc., belong to the event organizer.
|URL of previous event report
|About the Certification of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)
||You can be certified as a member of ”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” when you register for the walking event. (*No fee to be certified)
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) is a group of members supporting ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism and consists mainly of people who have a passions for hot springs.
”ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs)” members will receive ONSEN・Gastronomy Walking and other up-to-date information.
Official website for members of ONSEN Kishidan (Order)”
”ONSEN＋” option is available for members.
For ONSEN＋ information: https://onsen-gastronomy.com/lp/onsenplus/
A ONSEN Kishidan (Chivalric order of hot springs) badge will be sent to your address. Please make sure to write your mailing address correctly and clearly.
* Personal information such as name, address, mail address, etc. received at the time of registration may be shared within the operating company, ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association.
Information about ONSEN & Gastronomy Tourism Association:
||No participation notice will be sent to early registrants.
■ For internet registration
After the payment is made, please show a copy of the confirmation email or a screen shot of the ”payment confirmation” or ”entry confirmation” at the reception desk.
■ For phone registration and payment at convenience store
A transaction slip and/or receipt issued at the store can be used as certificate of payment. Please present the receipt at reception.
■ For phone registration and payment with a credit card
Please present an identification card on the day of the event at the reception desk.
- Reception place on the day of event
- Show All Places