||Mar 21, 2019
＊Rain-or-shine event. If the weather is difficult for walking, only a meals will be served.
Aburatsu District, Nichinan City,
||Jan 21, 2019 - Mar 17, 2019
||ONSEN・Gastronomy Walking in Nichinan Executive Committee Office（Nichinan City Tourism ＆ Sports Division）
1-13 Zaimoku-cho, Nichinan City, Miyazaki Japan
|What is ONSEN Gastronomy Walking？
||ONSEN・Gastronomy Tourism is a new tourism that introduces the charm of hot spring resorts in Japan by walking and experiencing the food, nature, culture and history of local areas.
We open this event, ONSEN Gastronomy Walking, to enjoy a stroll through the beauty of hot spring areas, to experience our history and nature, to taste local foods and beverages, and finally to soak in a soothing hot spring at the end of the tour.
|The number of paticipants
＊Registration will close as soon as capacity is reached.
|Reception place on the day of event
||1-13 Zaimoku-cho, Nichinan City, Miyazaki
|Clothes and items to bring
||Please participate in comfortable clothes and walking shoes, and bring your own headwear, rain gear, beverages, and towels for bathing.
＊We will provide beverages at some of the gastronomy points.
||100 cars (free of charge)
|Direction to the venue
Free shuttle bus is available for 75 passengers from Miyazaki Station (Bus stop at the east exit)
(1) Depart Miyazaki Station at 8:20 - Meet up after walking and bathing at "Kanpo Inn Nichinan" - Expect to arrive at Miyazaki Station around 17:30
(2) Depart Miyazaki Station at 8:40 - Meet up after walking and bathing at "J’s Nichinan Resort" - Expect to arrive at Miyazaki Station around 17:45.
(3) Depart Miyazaki Station at 9:00 - Meet up after walking and bathing at "Marushinso or Suncherry Kitago" - Expect to arrive at Miyazaki Station around 18:00.
10-minute walk from JR Nichinan, Aburatsu Station
・Depart JR Nichinan, Miyazaki Station at 9:08 - Arrive at Aburatsu Station at 10:29.
＊If you take this train, enter the race starting from 11:00
・Return Train Schedule
Departing Aburatsu Station at 15:50 - Arriving Miyazaki Station at 17:15
Departing Aburatsu Station at 16:21 - Arriving Miyazaki Station at 17:47
Departing Aburatsu Station at 17:41 - Arriving Miyazaki Station at 19:03
Departing Aburatsu Station at 18:10 - Arriving Miyazaki Station at 19:38
1-minute walk from Zaimoku-cho bus stop
45 minutes from Tano IC
1 hour and 15 minutes from Soyagoro IC
1 hour by car from Miyazaki Airport
||Nichinan-shi Kanko Kyokai (Nichinan City Tourism Association)
|Reception venue on the day of event and schedule
||[Reception venues on the day of event]Horikawa-koen Yume Hiroba (Horikawa Park Yume Field)
[Starting point]Horikawa-koen Yume Hiroba (Horikawa Park Yume Field)
[Finish line]Horikawa-koen Yume Hiroba (Horikawa Park Yume Field)
Starting time of opening ceremony 10:00～
Reception window opens at 9:30. Please complete your registration 15 minutes prior to the starting time of your choice of walking. After walking starts, participants will start walking in the order of registration.
||・［Miyazaki Char-Broiled Jidokko］
Enjoy the delicious char-broiled, low-fat and low-calorie "Jidokko" which is a special, traditional breed of chicken developed in Miyazaki.
・［Katsuo Zuke-don (Marinated bonito sashimi on rice)］
A dish of fresh, marinated bonito served over a bowl of rice.
・［Gyo-udon (Flour noodles made with fish paste) ］
A dish of tasty, low-calorie flour noodles made with the paste of flying fish.
Obi's local delicacy since the Edo era is a deep-fried mixture of fresh local fish paste, tofu, brown sugar, and miso.
Juicy sausages of ground Jidokko chicken that are broiled until slightly crunchy.
Kinkan Citrus are grown in the Nichinan nature and can be eaten whole, peel and all.
Enjoy the taste of a true Shochu, the pride of the locals.
Please note the menu can change without notice.
A wooden bridge constructed entirely of Obi-sugi (Obi cedar) with joints that are metal-free.
Until the present time, the forestry industry started by the Obi Clan has been extremely beneficial to the local economy. In addition, in 1992, one movie of the Tora-san series "Masu Hirarayo - Torajiro no youth" was filmed around the Horikawa Bridge which crosses this canal. The bridge and the stone river bank are now nationally-registered tangible cultural properties.
・［Aburatsu Red Brick Warehouse］
A brick warehouse built around Taisho 11 (1922) and designated as a nationally-registered tangible cultural heritage.
・［Nichinan Coast (Umegahama) ］
Feel the sea breeze and walk along the coast viewing the vast Pacific Ocean. A rock formation known locally as "Lion Rock" welcomes you to the course.
Constructed by 30 stone masons in Taisho 13 (1924), this shrine is dedicated to the dragon god and is located in a cave previously known as the dragon's den.
・［Aburatsu Station (Carp Station) ］
Nichinan City has long been the campsite of the Hiroshima Toyo Carp baseball team and local fans suggested to paint the station building its team color of red. In February, 2018, the station received its current coat of red and ever since "Carp Aburatsu Station" has become a must-see when visiting Aburatsu.
|Locations of toilets along the course (except starting and finishing points)
|Information on hot springs
||Bathing tickets will be distributed after the walk. (Valid through March 31)
Please choose one place from either Kanpo-no yado Nichinan, J’s Nichinan Resort, Kitago Onsen Marushin-so, or Suncherry Kitago.
* Please note that the free courtesy bus from Miyazaki Station may stop at different facilities depending on the time.
||1. In order to hold the event smoothly and safely, participants shall comply with the regulations specified by the organizer and the traffic regulations.
2. The organizer shall not take any responsibility except for emergency measures in case of injury, loss or other accident.
3. The change of time or cancellation by personal reason is not accepted after registration.
4. The event may be canceled in case of an unexpected accident such as natural disaster, stormy weather, or new strain of influenza epidemic, etc. In that case, we can not compensate for the individual expenses such as participation fee, transportation or accommodation expenses.
5. Please check the event homepage for a cancellation notice.
6. It will be an event involving alcoholic beverages. Please enjoy the appropriate amount and please refrain from acting to disturb other participants. (loud voice, excessive drinking, etc.)
7. We may ask for an identification card for age verification. Driving cars, bicycles, etc. with drinking is prohibited by law. Please use public transportation.
8. The posting rights and portrait rights of the convention videos, pictures and articles, records, applicants’ names, ages, addresses (country, prefecture/province) to magazines, Internet, etc., belong to the event organizer.
||No participation notice will be sent to early registrants.
■ For internet registration
After the payment is made, please show a copy of the confirmation email or a screen shot of the ”payment confirmation” or ”entry confirmation” at the reception desk.
■ For phone registration and payment at convenience store
A transaction slip and/or receipt issued at the store can be used as certificate of payment. Please present the receipt at reception.
■ For phone registration and payment with a credit card
Please present an identification card on the day of the event at the reception desk.
- Reception venues on the day of event
- Show All Places